Home | About | Donate

Trump’s Recycling Program

Trump’s Recycling Program

Rebecca Gordon

A barely noticed anniversary slid by on March 20th. It’s been 15 years since the United States committed the greatest war crime of the twenty-first century: the unprovoked, aggressive invasion of Iraq.

2 Likes

We’ve always been at war with Peace…

6 Likes

Re the lead photo: it occurs to me that composting is a perfectly acceptable form of recycling. Let the worms have all three of them.

4 Likes

The US’ post WWII legacy is peppered with war criminals who in many cases are more widely admired in the US today (by both Dimcritters and GOP operatives) than they were when they were committing their crimes, including, but not limited to the Dulles brothers, Henry Kissinger, Saint Ron, Condy Rice…

4 Likes

If the MSM wasn’t complicit with the parties of the Duopoly in covering up these War Crimes, public opinion would judge these corrupt politicians much differently.

4 Likes

Trump says he is good at war. How is he doing in wars being fought in Afghanistan, Syria, and Yemen? The Afghanistan is really a US war. It has been going on since 2001. It is no longer Bush’s war or Obama’s war, it is now Trump’s war. Congress voted overwhelmingly to get involved; even the progressive’s favorite politician Bernie Sanders voted for it. How is Trump doing in dealing with the Taliban? Does he have a plan to end US involvement? Does he have any plan at all?

A horrifying and beautiful documentation of what has come to pass as normal and sane.
Thanks for this great and difficult work!

3 Likes

Please Common Dreams, don’t post this photo again of these disgusting pieces of trash. Traitors to their country, makes me think of unspeakable acts.

4 Likes

I’m beginning to hate being an American!

3 Likes

Agreed that the photograph of Rumsfeld, Bush, and Cheney should not be posted again, it is difficult to not spit at the image on the screen.

1 Like

Welcome to the club, I’ve been in it for about 15 yrs.

2 Likes

But the truth caught up with Goebbels in the bunker, didn’t it? And the truth will inevitably catch up with our own war criminals. Unfortunately, many will suffer when the chickens come home to roost.

2 Likes

Hi Tom.

The Intercept podcast, Intercepted, had a good piece on how the US war against Iraq goes back to the Democrats beloved John F. Kennedy. ( https://theintercept.com/2018/03/21/us-war-iraq-legacy-of-blood/ )

In addition to his vehemently anti-communist (read: pro-imperialist) campaign to overthrow the governments of Cuba and Vietnam, Kennedy directed the CIA to overthrow the Qasim government of Iraq.

Have you ever heard any Democrats or any in the mainstream media critique John F. Kennedy’s imperialist intervention in Iraq?

The US mainstream media is atrocious. Those on the right claim there is a ‘liberal bias’. The media is certainly anti-Trump, but I would characterize the media of a ‘Washington Consensus’ bias. That is, a bias towards status quo plutocratic economics and US/Western imperialism.

As anti-Trump as they are now, I fully expect journalists to fall over themselves to get in bed(ed) with US soldiers and for the media to become cheerleaders for the US war efforts. Look at how Trump critic Fareed Zakaria fawned over Trump for bombing Syria, or how liberal icon Van Jones went from criticizing Trump to fawning over his Presidential prowess for his performance honoring a Navy Seal:

1 Like

I would like to see all of those responsible for the war in Iraq tortured on live tv. It wouldn’t take much they’d be singing like canary wimps quickly.

The Powers That Be would say otherwise. Supposedly and still widely believed is the whole Policeman of the World Peace Through Strength meme. Unfortunately, as ISIS and all parts of that ilk have proved, there is no way to become militarily armed sufficiently to do that “no one will dare mess with us” thing. The more heavily nuke armed armed we are, someone will convince themselves that that they can find a way to do a sneak attack that will make the high and mighty fall and put them on top of the remaining rubble heap.

But evidently that lesson is not learnable and we look to be very close to seeing if any one of us can survive long enough for radiation sickness to kick in.

1 Like

War is a product of oligarchy, period.

Cap wealth to cap power.

1 Like

“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”
—Hannah Arendt The Origins of Totalitarianism