Home | About | Donate

Trump’s TANF Cut Would Hurt the Poorest Families, and States Might Make Them Worse

Trump’s TANF Cut Would Hurt the Poorest Families, and States Might Make Them Worse

Ife Floyd

President Trump’s proposed $2.2 billion cut to the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program in 2018 would reduce states’ federal TANF funds by 10 to 18 percent (depending on whether a state receives TANF Contingency Funds), as the table below shows. Over the next decade, the TANF cut would total $22 billion.

The wealthy conservatives are all for that. I have long suspected that their animus toward the poor stem from a resentful guilt. The existence of poor people feels to them as a reproach to their selfish frees, and they resent it,All their talk about dependency traps and that their poverty comes from bad character and a poor work ethic is all just excuses to stave off the deeply denied feeling that they should help, but to admit that would cut them off from their. Ideology and their like minded friends,

The Greed is Good is I think bothering them mire than they van yet face up to. My sense of it is that not as at wityv

Its been thirtrysomething years since Saint Ron's GET RICH OR GET OFF mantra changed forever the direction Murka is going. What part of Ron's mantra don't these poor folks understand ?

Twit seems to have taken a page from Bill Clinton's "Ending Poverty as We Know It" by slamming the poorest so he, like Bill Clinton, can help a few more billionaires become a few billion wealthier.

How bipartisan of him.,

If anyone is confused, this is what class war looks like.