Home | About | Donate

Trump’s Team of Faux Populists and Real Crony Capitalists

Trump’s Team of Faux Populists and Real Crony Capitalists

Katrina vanden Heuvel

“My whole life I’ve been greedy, greedy, greedy. I’ve grabbed all the money I could get. I’m so greedy,” President-elect Donald Trump boasted last January. “But now I’d like to be greedy for the United States.”

General Mattis empirePie December 6, 2016

Just waiting for a flake of truth
to bite me on my frosty butt sir “Mad Dog” sir

a predator 4 stars less a genus
a rule by force, .. drones on for steely blood letting
& vetting of those not knowing the trumps of hand
in greed is god land

I will pray with thee like a Mantis
I will pay for thee, a mark of Mattis;
so compound my eyes
to be part of the predator team;
Just US to be

He is going to "run the country like a buisness" , the Wet dream of so many of those Hedge fund managers.

It should be patently obvious why they have been trumpeting that line. It the best way for the 1 percent to line their pockets even more.

Just a side issue, but could we please dump that word, "populism?" It has been exploited to the point of having no meaning. The hard right thinks they are the populists, middle class liberals think they are the populists.

definition: Populism is a political doctrine that stems from a viewpoint of struggle between the populace and a ruling faction.

Populism commonly refers to the masses, those who are not rich -- the poor and middle class, workers and the jobless, for the common good. We don't have anything resembling this today.

The Myth of the American Meritocracy is having a bad week. Is Sarah Palin still in the running at Veterans Affairs?

Katrina -

If you, and other Establishment Hacks, had backed the Real Populist when it counted, we would, today be celebrating, and not pondering how to survive this predictable predicament.