Home | About | Donate

Trump’s Tweets Are Not Just Racist, But Part of a Broader Reactionary Attack on the Left

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/07/15/trumps-tweets-are-not-just-racist-part-broader-reactionary-attack-left

1 Like

Trump is a racist pig. He’ll be gone soon. Fate, will see to it.

3 Likes

I expect that this article will trigger all kinds of comments attacking, not Trump and the Republican party and its extremist mix of 50% Hitler, 50% Ayn Rand, but instead, the Democratic Party.

5…4…3…2…1

1 Like

Let me fix that Donnie boy- “When will the The Greatest ever President apologize to our Country, the people of Israel and even to the Office of the President, for the foul language I used, and the terrible things I have said. So many people are angry at me & my horrible & disgusting actions!”

3 Likes

Scholars of the Sacred Constitution: Please direct me to the clause wherein it is stated that we have a duty to show allegiance to Israel and to the President of the U.S. but must reject our elected representatives as anti-American when they express an opposing view to the president.

But only when they are Democrats.

Thank you for your time.

4 Likes

Hooo-boy. I’ve developed a deep distrust of this logic. Every time I think I’ve got a pretty good idea where Fate is headed, she takes off the other way. (Shakespeare had some thoughts on such matters, I think.)

Blast Off…

If you can’t see what this has done- how it is Trump, using his typical method to control the narrative, is intervening to help out his friend Nancy Pelosi by turning what had been a civil war within the Democratic Party over its future and direction into an us vs them battle between Democrats and Republicans, then I don’t know what to tell you.

It’s called changing the narrative and Nancy must be sighing in relief.

3 Likes

Ignore Phat Boy’s twits. If you pause to wonder why he did this just now, consider whether he would rather be accused of being a racist or a rapist of underage girls? What is it that he wants people to take their attention away from? Do you really think that there is no connection between what Epstein is facing and Phat Boy’s desperation to not be associated with that?

7 Likes

You just know Pelosi is seething because Trump and the r’s are outbootlicking her for Bibi and AIPAC’s support. AND YES, THAT MEANS BENJAMINS. This constant game between the two parties of who loves Israel more is as tiresome as it is counterproductive. Just as people across the world despise Trump and backers of U.S. imperialism, so too do Americans oppose the mistreatment of Palestinians. Only binary simpletons - brainwashed by those with ulterior motives - believe pushback against empire and apartheid equate to being anti-America or an anti-semite.

5 Likes

Is that a “Goldfinch” in the picture, Glacierworm?

Actually, fate isn’t logical at all. It’s more of a belief.

And I believe fate has something special in store for this racist pig.

Yes it is. In fact I saw one yesterday feeding on the thistles in my backyard. The one pictured is a wooden carving, albeit a chubby one.

1 Like

Most articles do Yunzer. Blame the dems that is. It’s the nature of the beast on this site.
No disrespect intended.

But of course the Dems did not create Trump or his following. Nobody is saying that. What they did do is LOSE the election to him. True, Hillary got a small majority and the idiotic rules of the game are what allowed Trump into the White House, but if the Dems had convinced even a fraction of the 1/3 of registered voters who did not vote in 2016 that doing so would make a difference to them (though not, unfortunately, to the immigrants, the poor, or minorities by-and-large), it would not have even been close. Worse, the DNC leadership, from Nancy Pelosi on down, is compounding their incompetence by doubling down on the status quo which has manifestly not served the general populace well. Sorry if you think that pointing this out somehow helps Trump & Co., but I think you’re quite wrong about that. There is some question as to if it helps the Dems (or at least their leadership), but that is entirely up to them …

3 Likes

Great message here from Samantha Bee. It’s not “racially charged,” “racially tinged,” or any other such thing. It’s racism, and Trump and his supporters are racists.

5 Likes

I’m gonna go with 25% Hitler, 25% Ayn Rand, 25% Billy Graham, and 25% Dr. Strangelove…

3 Likes

You are poised to vote for someone who expressed pride in being able to work with racists like Trump.

At every turn, your party has been outmaneuvered by Trump. It’s happening again now: His racist base is thrilled, your party offers nothing coherent.

And guess what: It’s possible to attack Trump and your lackluster party at the same time.

3 Likes

The narrative is likely to shift in the next three months.
That’s when Epstein is quite possibly going to sing like a bird.
About his brother from a different mother, DJT.
About the guy who took 26 flights on the “Lolita Express,” WJC.
About a bunch of high-level poobahs yet to be named.

Of course, I’m speculating. But I’ll note this Q&A of Epstein under oath:

Q. Have you ever socialized with Donald Trump in the presence of females under the age of 18?

A: Though I’d like to answer that question, at least today I’m going to have to assert my Fifth, Sixth, and 14th Amendment rights, sir.

2 Likes

Brilliant stuff from Samantha Bee Ed, thanks. I am so sick of the usual pretty talking heads lap-dancing around an issue (if they even have the integrity and/or Moxie to bother) they actually cause physical revulsion - BS propagandists and enablers of lies/deceit all.

I’ll see your racist truth and raise you one rapist truth from the same very canny person of integrity.- we need so many more like her, and many less of the usual mealy-mouthed tools vomiting-forth the daily rubbish, pablum, and diversions!

3 Likes

Israel does what it wants whether or not it’s contrary to our stated goals and principles or does us great harm and somehow manipulates our political system to have us pay them to do it. On the day of 9/11 it was pushing for a “war on terror” instead of going after the culprits. It has pushed us to destroy the Middle East (Iraq, Syria, Iran), damaging our standing and alienating our many allies. It has even attacked one of our ships to mislead us into war on their behalf. It interferes in our elections. No adversary is doing more damage to the US. Cancelling the Iran deal, for which Netanyahu takes credit, is a case in point. What exactly inspires all this unmatched love of and service to Israel, surpassing all others, in Lindsey Graham?

The uber-rich must know that policies distributing all wealth to them is ultimately unsustainable in a democracy. The Republican Party’s principal “base” is the uber-rich. QED: Republicans stifle the vote and our democracy. With their “Think Tanks” propagandize us until we start to think up is down and black is white.( Of course, the Dems have their bullshit as well.)

1 Like