Home | About | Donate

Trump’s Two-Step Strategy To Take Over the Truth

Trump’s Two-Step Strategy To Take Over the Truth

Robert Reich

Donald Trump is such a consummate liar that in coming days and years our democracy will depend more than ever on the independent press – finding the truth, reporting it, and holding Trump accountable for his lies.

What a wonderful game for Donald's businesses and friends of Donald. Donald lets some know ahead of time about his upcoming corporate tweet. Stock price then moves. What an easy way to make money. Of course, he'll have to mostly play games to separate the transactions well away from himself, but that is not too difficult with Donald's many worldwide business dealings. I'm guessing no money will be spared on the very best encryption software available. We've never seen anything like the corruption headed this way. Teapot Dome in the era of steroids.

Trump hasn't even signed over his business to his sons, like he said he would. The paperwork hasn't been filed.

It can't be said enough. This is not normal.

What a crybaby, if he can't handle the heat in the kitchen get out! He keeps claiming he's a winner but all I see is a whiner

It doesn't seem that there could be that many people who are so gullible to believe Trump rather than the press. If there is, then our education system has been a complete failure. Our teachers and librarians have failed. The one chance Trump has is that many people are relying on various Internet sites for news instead of the standard newspapers. In my opinion, anyone who has done that is a fool. The old sources of news are still the best. Good reporting still goes on at major newspapers. So the vulnerable group to being duped are probably people who rely on Facebook and other types of newsfeeds. They may begin to agree that when Trump says up is down that it is true.

Many Trump supporters don't believe him any more than you or I believe him.

Unlike those of us who believe in honesty and fair dealing, those many Trump supporters believe in scamming the system and admire Trump for being second to none at getting away with scamming. They simply have no clue as to how much his scamming will cost them.

'Then Spicer issued a dire warning: “The American people deserve better,” he said. “As long as [Trump] serves as the messenger for this incredible movement, he will take his message directly to the American people.”'

"When that happens, democracy ends."
Indeed.
Yet another example of the "president's" disinterest in actual democracy, which he shares with his party.
Have flag pin, will prevaricate.

Precisely.

"Rubbish. As has been well established and as the media has fully reported, taking Iraq’s oil would have violated international law (both the 1949 Geneva Convention and the 1907 Hague Convention)."
And invading Iraq in the first place, WASN'T against international law?

Check out the Kellyann Conway Propaganda Barbie:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028510315
Now we just need the Sean Spicer "Ken."
Of course, they're riding around in the Trumpster, diesel-fueled spewing hyperboles and gaseous matters.

Sean Spicer. Very Sad Lier. But, did we expect anything different?

Poll results were just released of a poll of the 63 million Americans that voted for Donald Trump. 62,999,999 said they wished they had voted for Bernie Sanders. Seems like the only vote Trump got was his own.

Rubbish. As has been well established and as the media has fully reported, taking Iraq’s oil would have violated international law (both the 1949 Geneva Convention and the 1907 Hague Convention).

Hmmmm.

This appears to be Robert Reich's disingenuous reinventing of history again. This sentence makes it sound like we didn't take Iraq's Oil.

Rubbish is you, Mr. Reich. The truth was both the British and American Oil companies used to use this oil until the Iraqis nationalized their oil industry. We developed it.

Then in Desert Storm we went, not to Kuwait, like MSM like CNN lied about (supposedly to liberate a people who openly owned slaves!) but in reality to take back the Seven Sister's Oil fields. I was there. In fact, Iraq Oil supplied fully ten percent of all U.S. oil demand after the first Gulf war.

For Reich to pretend Trump was inventing a new fantasy is just like Reich pretending he and Clinton were against TPP (when in reality, Robert Reich, Clinton's Labor Secretary shoved the disastrous NAFTA globalization act down our throats and that gave us WTO and the loss of millions of American jobs.)

Isn't that true Mr. Reich?

I can't believe CD keeps printing twisted articles from such a dishonest author. The MSM is so dishonest, I want to hear Trumps tweets from the heart instead of Operation Mockingbird crap that passes for news. This may well be the most transparent president in history. He strikes while the iron is hot. Now we know what makes him tick, not distorted Fourth Reich news, like the Clinton Political machine feeding stories directly to MSM for cash.

TJ

I do get a kick out of your endless absolutely-positively-true conspiracy theories and this post of twisted facts, "alternate facts," and less than "alternate facts."

No, it's all true Monke, as I have linked many times. Which part do you claim is untrue, and I will demolish your uneducated one-line non-rebuttal.

TJ says:
You believing everything you read in corporate for-profit newspapers, is the reason we fell into endless war. Bogeymen! Bogeymen! WMDs!

And you fell for it, because you don't research history.

Operation Mockingbird was a campaign by the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to influence media in the US and internationally. It was reportedly organized as an independent office by Frank Wisner in 1948. After 1953, when Allen Dulles was appointed as head of the CIA, he took a strong role in overseeing the operation, which already had influence with 25 newspapers and wire agencies. The operation has been documented as operating at least during the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s....

...The claim that CIA ran an "Operation Mockingbird" first appeared in Katharine the Great, a 1979 biography of Washington Post owner Katharine Graham, written by reporter Deborah Davis.[2] According to Davis, Operation Mockingbird was established by Frank Wisner, director of the Office of Policy Coordination, a covert operations unit created by the National Security Council in 1948. Davis writes that Mockingbird was a response to the creation of a Communist front organization, the International Organization of Journalists, which "received money from Moscow and controlled reporters on every major newspaper in Europe, disseminating stories that promoted the Communist cause."[3]

Wisner recruited Philip Graham from The Washington Post to run the project within the industry. According to Deborah Davis in Katharine the Great, "By the early 1950s, Wisner 'owned' respected members of The New York Times, Newsweek, CBS and other communications vehicles."[4]

In 1951, Allen W. Dulles persuaded Cord Meyer to join the CIA. According to Deborah Davis, Meyer became Mockingbird's "principal operative."[5]

After 1953, the media network was overseen by CIA Director Allen Dulles, by which time Operation Mockingbird had major influence over 25 newspapers and wire agencies.[6] The usual method was placing reports developed from intelligence provided by the CIA to cooperating or unwitting reporters. Those reports would be repeated or cited by the preceding reporters, which in turn would then be cited throughout the media wire services. These networks were run by people with well-known liberal but pro-American big business and anti-Soviet views, such as William S. Paley (CBS), Henry Luce (Time and Life Magazine), Arthur Hays Sulzberger (New York Times), Alfred Friendly (managing editor of the Washington Post), Jerry O'Leary (Washington Star), Hal Hendrix (Miami News), Barry Bingham, Sr. (Louisville Courier-Journal), James Copley (Copley News Services) and Joseph Harrison (Christian Science Monitor).[6]...

Keep pointing out the lies with the evidence and Trump' strategy will not work with the vast majority of the people.

I don't believe everything. It is possible to cherry pick bad examples of journalism, some rather atrocious. I am just saying is it the most reliable source and should not be ignored. Who should own newspapers if not corporations? The important thing is not who owns them but how good a job they are doing.

Jesus, don't be so gullible. The owner fires people who don't make him money. The CIA pays money to run the stories they write. And then you read it! And you think that's news!

If what you said is true, that you can parse good news from bad news (and I actually agree with you on this point) then we can use our trusty bullchit detectors in alternative non-profit media, and be far more informed than staring at big tits on the tube and pretending it's news, or reading compromised establishment newspapers who are funded by the war machine.