Home | About | Donate

Trump’s Upcoming Yankee Doodle Disaster

Trump’s Upcoming Yankee Doodle Disaster

Michael WInship

Years ago, I was interviewing the college roommate of a famous politician who told the story of being sent to a shop by the pol to pick up a large impressive trophy. It would be presented at an official school dinner that night. Is this for the university president, the roommate asked? No, the politician replied, without missing a beat, it's for me.

2 Likes

If Trump can afford to bus in a crowd, let’s let him. Otherwise, let’s ignore the event altogether. That is the best way to get his goat, which at this point needs to be a national priority. Maybe Spicey 2.0 can tell us how big the crowd was ex post facto. SmellyAnne can skool us on the importance of alternative facts. Perhaps Bill Barr will bring back John Ashcroft’s Let the Eagle Soar. Perhaps I’ll have an auditory hallucination of George Carlin saying “I told you so.”

4 Likes

People need to wake up to the fact that when Trump ‘fist-pumps’ it is his version of flipping the bird while delivering a right hook. The Trump “base” is being played and the media intoxication/addiction programming is simple: take the pain that is internalized by the historical duopoly disenfranchisement and use ugly mouth noises to make them think that if they hear it outside of their own body, the damaging history has been exorcised. That is the Trump MO: pretend to be an exorcist. Why? because ANYTHING can be demonized by the devil who manipulates the details. Think Bannon, the Conway, the Mercers and their ilk. They think that it is possible to so reduce and trivialize that the CONSEQUENCES from so doing will also be trivialized and reduced. Its beginning to look like they don’t know their asses from holes in walls - that are requiring ever more corruption and manipulation to even get to a wall.

1 Like

And once again we see just how royally we peons have been H.A.D.

2 Likes