Home | About | Donate

Trump’s Version of the Iran Accord: Heads I Win, Tails You Lose

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/07/09/trumps-version-iran-accord-heads-i-win-tails-you-lose

With Trump desperate to create diversions for a panoply of reasons can we expect anything less than war with Iran. Wanting at any cost to be a “war president” going into 2020, Trump will throw anyone under the bus if he can get away with it. With Bolton and Pompeo drooling at the prospect of war with Iran for their own “reasons”, it may well be time to buckle up. Fortunately, Mr. Putin may win this one as he will be thinking “not in my backyard”.

Netanyahu says he convinced Trump to quit the Iran nuclear deal. In an effort to weaken or remove Iran as an adversary of Israel (for Netanyahu, always consistent,) no price is too high for the US or the Middle East generally to pay. Some friend

2 Likes

If the Iranians were smart they would have simply offered to erase Obama’s signature from the accord and replace it with Trumps.
But then again, if they were smart they would have two Bombs by now, with two missiles. One aimed at the Saudi oil fields, the other at Tel Aviv. Remember the fatal mistake made by Saddam Hussein. When he fell out of favor with his US handlers he should have made damn sure he had the Bomb already, or at least faked it for awhile.
Iran needs to start faking it. Because unless the Chinese or the Russians come to their aid, they are on track to be the new Iraq. Of course the Chinese and Russians know this. The last thing in the world they want is to be part of WWIII just so the USA can save its withering libido.
Oh, and the earth continues to get warmer…

With 1’friends" like israel and saudi arabia, who the hell needs enemies!

1 Like