Home | About | Donate

Trump’s Vision of a Militarized America

Trump’s Vision of a Militarized America

William Hartung

At over $600 billion a year and counting, the Pentagon already receives significantly more than its fair share of federal funds. If President Donald Trump has his way, though, that will prove a sum for pikers and misers. He and his team are now promising that spending on defense and homeland security will increase dramatically in the years to come, even as domestic programs are slashed and entire civilian agencies shuttered.

Somehow all of this fear seems to translate into more power and money for the ruling class, and less freedoms and liberties for the citizenry.

Unfortunately, there will always be wars—as long as war is big business.

The military-security-industrial complex is an insatiable beast of prey. Although some fears are reality-based, there are probably disproportionately more that are based upon situations that have been manufactured or engineered by those who seek to profit in the long-run. It is most unfortunate to have a situation whereby the people are so confused or brainwashed that they cannot properly distinguish between genuine threats and staged ones.

Even more ominous—is the fact that should they ever bother to actively question reality, they might just be subjected to staged incidents; such events are necessary in order to make them, once again, more complacent and compliant. According to behavioral psychology, operant conditioning is the rewarding/punishing of an act that approaches a new desirable/undesirable behavior. (It is somewhat analogous to using a cattle-prod.) After that, the entire fear mechanism becomes virtually self-perpetuating. This is simply an affirmation of the psychologist B.F. Skinner’s “stimulus-response” theory.

The Romans used the phrase “quo bono;” it means “who profits.”

[sarcasm]
There is so little profit in peace!

Besides, what other way is there to so efficiently transfer more and more of the world wealth and power into the hands of the global royal families and the aristocrats? War, under any pretext, is usually the fastest method.
[/sarcasm]

However, I do believe that folks do not balance that off with certain types of serious endeavors, aside from just work and family care. If only folks would devote more time to developing their analytical and critical abilities to assess news and information from independent and reliable sources, i.e. not the mainstream media. If only people became more united and involved in community, social, political and government affairs. Perhaps the global ruling class would not so easily succeed at manipulating national and world affairs in their favor.

It seems as if the corporations have much more power than "we-the-people." Why should citizens act as if they are merely dust in the wind? Why do they constantly succumb to the "divide-and-conquer" strategies of the powerful elite?

I am substantially certain that soon many of the very rights and liberties that the U.S. citizens take for granted—will be taken away from them. After all, what is transpiring now definitely parallels past events in world history, where the very same result occurred. (History does seem to oft repeat itself.)

And, as the Borg (cyborgs) mantra drones, in several Star Trek episodes, “Resistance is futile.” After all, the powers-that-be truly believe that this is their world—and we are just in it.

USA, a developing Third World country pumping ever-increasing amounts of steroids into its veins. Making the USA a muscle-bound monster (great!). And it had such potential; we could have been on Mars by now, cohabiting with those gorgeous Russian women advertising for husbands on the internet if the silly buggers after Kennedy hadn't continued to engage in the pointless wars, hot and cold, that the USA has wasted its economy on.

Well, I'll start filling those sandbags to turn my kitchen table into a bomb shelter and paint my windows white so that the flash of the nuclear bomb won't fry me. I'll nick off down to the local shop and buy all the sticky tape I can and run it all over my windows to stop my windows shattering in the blast and grab a few cans of corned beef and bottles of water to see me through the first week of the nuclear winter. As recommended by the Civil Defence in the 1950s. Ho hum..........Here we go again............

Does big business cause war? Or the wealth it concentrates and the power it centralizes? What if all the people benefitted from big business instead of a few oligarchs? Would the people want war?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials