Home | About | Donate

Trump’s ‘War On Journalism’ Takes Centerstage At Julian Assange’s Extradition Hearing

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/09/11/trumps-war-journalism-takes-centerstage-julian-assanges-extradition-hearing

2 Likes

Excellent account. As always from Gosztola. One of the few reporting live from the London court room.

2 Likes

Lewis stated it was the prosecution’s position that Assange is “not a journalist.”

In a way Lewis is correct, Assange is not a typical journalist…AND THAT IS THE WHOLE PROBLEM!

4 Likes

I’ve been quite relieved to read that the tail end of this week’s sham hearings can be considered a win for the defense. The prosecutor was rightly slapped back, on the record. And I have the utmost respect for Mr. Timm for his knowledge and resolve.
I do not have high hopes that Mr. Assange will be freed, but I do pray for it. We are living through a time of obvious, naked lawlessness on the part of the U.S., honed and perfected greatly since the revelations of the 70s, and we need many more Assanges telling us the truth about the crimes of our ruling elite. I pray this country wakes up to this criminal cabal’s lawlessness before it’s too late, if it isn’t already.

1 Like

“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.”

– William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

1 Like