Home | About | Donate

Trump’s Witch-Hunt

Trump’s Witch-Hunt

Michael Winship
What a petty, venal, corrupt and foul thing it is. More media-generated homunculus than man, every day, Donald Trump behaves more and more like the cornered animal desperately trying to save itself by viciously biting in every direction, pulling out every nasty trick that has worked for him before. But now he gnashes his teeth on a global stage so vast that the pettiness of his vindictiveness is unconcealed, cast in a spotlight that diminishes every American.

Thank you Michael, for helping us to remember always those who dedicated themselves to public service and towards making us a better society for all.

It’s still 1968, in a sense, In a sense, it will always be 1968. The passions and dedication of people such as Rep. Slaughter, MLK and RFK are worthy of remembrance and rededication.
It is now up to the rest of us to keep their dreams and ideals alive. They are more relevant than
ever, if we are to stop and reverse our current slide towards something that bears all the hallmarks of fascism.

I will add my thanks and $.02 to nighthawk’s for this piece Michael!

“What a petty, venal, corrupt and foul thing it is. More media-generated homunculus than man, every day, Donald Trump behaves more and more like the cornered animal desperately trying to save itself by viciously biting in every direction, pulling out every nasty trick that has worked for him before. But now he gnashes his teeth on a global stage so vast that the pettiness of his vindictiveness is unconcealed, cast in a spotlight that diminishes every American.”

Truer words were never writ…I do have reservations about a 'cornered animal" as those sentient beings respond to actual threats usually not of their own making…but I will stretch a point. Well done Michael!

I would like every American to read your words…

Trump’s only value is as a measure of how completely our political system has decayed. To have such a vile piece of human garbage in the White House is a disgrace. Sad, indeed, that we have to reach as far back as the 60s for leaders who put people ahead of wealth and power.

As Noam Chompsky has pointed out, we had too much democracy in the '60’s. That’s why the Kennedey’s along with ML King and M. X were ‘taken out’. The war machine needs wars to function. Since then the presidents have toed the line. Until now with Caesar Trumpous. They don’t know what to do with him anymore. Kinda like what to do with a child of 9-10 that has “behavioral issues” and time outs don’t work anymore.

Compare any neoliberal Democrat or Republican to any progressive, and it makes you want to weep. And then pray.
No more making false choices for the lesser of two evils. Vote only for progressives or no one at all.

Everywhere I look people are saying things like “Donald Trump behaves more and more like the cornered animal desperately trying to save itself by viciously biting in every direction” but I don’t see it. This general theme is the universal among all liberal media publications I can find…all of them. but I don’t see it. Every single day I hear about how Trump is a marked man, that ArchAngel Mueller is here to save us all. But I don’t see it.

I see a Witch Hunt that is for sure. In this case however there is an actual Witch to hunt. They tried to nail him with collusion and using Russia to help him win the Presidential election. They worked hard to come up with a convincing case…and they failed. Now they are on to his personal and business finances, anything they can use against them, that can not also be turned around also used to blame the elites in general. They don’t want to make their own public opinion even worse then it already is. So they hunt. With Trump as the potential victim it is likely they will find…something. Perhaps they will find many somethings. But no matter what happens it all began with a big lie…That Donald Trump in some way had colluded with Vladimir Putin and the Russians to rig the US elections.