Home | About | Donate

Trump Says It Directly: "Mueller Should Not Testify"

Trump Says It Directly: "Mueller Should Not Testify"

Common Dreams staff

Amid efforts by the House Judiciary Committee to nail down a specific time and commitment for Special Counsel Robert Mueller to testify under oath about his two-year investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election and accusations about President Donald Trump's possible obstruction of justice efforts related to that probe, the president himself weighed in forcefully on Sunday afternoon by saying Mueller should not testify.

1 Like

And donkeys can fly, the earth is flat, 2 plus 2 equals 3, tweet until the cows come home, your lies and derogatory comments are disgusting but predictable! Peace

7 Likes

Wouldn’t it be great if we could just flush all this “red herring/false flag” bullshit and focus on the dying Earth; healthcare for ALL; Flint getting clean water; Puerto Rico needing help; renewable energy IDEAS; stopping ALL oil pipelines; etc. etc.?!

15 Likes

President Caligula is irrelevant on this point. The only questions are, Will the Dem ‘leadership’ show any spine, and if they do, how long will it take them?

8 Likes

“Okay so this is obstruction of the investigation into obstruction of the obstruction investigation.”

Well yes. Investigation into the obstruction of the investigation will only lead to…

2 Likes

…hopefully, the end of this witch hunt and distraction so focus can be put on IMPORTANT ISSUES, only a few of which I mentioned above.

1 Like

Indeed it would, but difficult to obtain when We the People are exhorted to pick one of the two corporate sock puppets (“D” or “R”) owned by the Oligarchy to mend our fences and run us for the next 4-8 years and, under no circumstances are we to pick or support anyone or any party that will actually address and attempt to solve these problems, for that may lead to a loss of maximum profits for the oligarchy and loss of control of We the People by said oligarchy’s many agents.
;-})

8 Likes

I didn’t think it possible, that we could get to a Nazis moment, we are there. Miller and Trump have managed to scare the bejesus out of such notable weasels as Graham retaliated against critics like Avanati, Daniesl and Cohen. packed the courts all the way up to the supreme court and the DOJ has been scrubbed and castrated. What’s left, oh ya hired their ace in the hole Elaine Chao. They have won. Chuck and Nancy to the White house begging forgiveness. If they think Trump is going to bless them with a budget??? NAH. Miller has memorized: (MEIN KAMPF) cover to cover. Oh and those happy clapping evangelicals? You are next bros and sister. Miller was right: “They can’t touch us now”.

2 Likes

Seems to me the democrats find themselves in the “unique” position of prosecuting a criminal who says he didn’t do it. The criminal defendants objection to being prosecuted would not be honored in any court on earth, why should we listen to the lying bastard now? It seems fairly obvious he’s involved in organized crime and is incapable of telling the truth, now were supposed to cast the constitution aside and let him and his syndicate dictate the terms of their own prosecution.

5 Likes

God I wish you were right, but Trump has managed to pack the courts with members of his own cult.

1 Like

Yes, and who will be next? Anyone that is a critic of the Amerikan, Fuehrer? Like I have posted before, Sinclair Lewis wrote a book in the 1930’s called: IT CAN’T HAPPEN HERE and if he were alive today HE could write a sequel: IT HAS HAPPENED HERE!

3 Likes

ADDENDA and they use the constitution for bathroom tissue. They have managed to emasculate the country. We have such notable responses as: “they go low we go high”. Then they run over us with cars or assassinate us in Churches Synagogues and Mosques. These TIKI torch parader are not nice people They actually think they are righteous. I don’t know which God they pray to, but he/she isn’t mine. Listen to FOX’S Hannity Carlson, Ingraham, Pirro, Tune in to Limbaugh. Visit Qanon. Facts don’t matter to these cretins, as a matter of fact that just pisses them off. Reasoning people may be in a slim majority, but they have guns.

1 Like

Time we all say, “Fuck Trump!” He thinks he IS the Law because so far he has gotten away with All of it! Gotta go above and beyond to stop this POS. Another term of him and we’re finished … even before the Extinction hits… Heard that next, he’s planning on taking our Coffee!!! Now what?

1 Like

If you can imagine this, Barr, Mueller and Rosenstein too are all cut from the exact same cloth.

Barr believes that whatever, he’s going to hang onto his job for HIS boss. Call him an FBI coward if you want. Mueller had a specific job to do and his boss wasn’t Mr. Trump so he did his own job.

Mueller was bending over backwards to be Person of Interest #1’s protector, assuming that he might possibly be innocent.

These guys are all personal friends.

POTUS - Piece Of Total Unimaginable Shit

2 Likes

What’s Trump got to hide?. Let’s find out.

Barr left the door open by trying to speak for Mueller. So let’s hear from Mueller directly.

7 Likes

Barr believes that the Presidency is essentially a monarchy - Presidents are never accountable to the law. That to me explains everything about his actions.

I would not put Mueller in that same camp. Rosenstein is just weird. Who knows where his moral compass lies.

2 Likes

Another Constitutional crisis (the largest in my lifetime)…brought to us, yet again, by (of course) the Republicans. Having to take them seriously; what an insult to our intelligence and civility.

2 Likes

Absolutely CORRECT! And don’t forget the role of the Imperial Corporate Media (ICM) in all this, ignoring all those serious (some of them existential) problems so they can make more profits from the Russiagate ratings and Trump’s idiotic tweets.

We should all boycott the ICM and cal their corporate offices to tell them why:
FAIR’s Media Contact List | FAIR
https://fair.org/take-action-now/media-contact-list/

1 Like

NEVER FORGET: Mueller is one of those who strongly supported the Bush-Cheney illegal war of aggression on Iraq. Such a war was the Supreme International Crime prosecuted at the Nuremberg War Crimes Tribunals.

He is far from the “hero” conveniently-forgetful “liberals” make him out to be.

5 Likes