Home | About | Donate

Trump Says Our Schools Are “Flush with Cash!?” They’re Falling Apart!

Trump Says Our Schools Are “Flush with Cash!?” They’re Falling Apart!

Steven Singer

Donald Trump lies.

If you haven’t learned that yet, America, you’ve got four more cringe-inducing years to do so.

Even in his inaugural address, he couldn’t help but let loose a whooper about US public schools.

It was an attack on public education. Let's not pretend he doesn't know who DeVos is or what she wants to do.

Trump also said that our Money Siphoning Military is "...depleted".

My understanding is we are ranked quite low compared to other nations in our outcomes. Could you please give me your views on this please. It's something I've only heard, but haven't fully researched.

He prolly meant school pensions and unions .
According to how we got here
starting 2008 Obama years it looks like things started going downhill
https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=66

Current expenditures per student peaked in 2008–09 at $11,621 and have decreased each year since then. While current expenditures per pupil declined $64 from 2011–12 to 2012–13, this decline was smaller than the declines from 2009–10 to 2010–11 and from 2010–11 to 2011–12 ($200 and $340, respectively).

But looking at things as a whole what future are these schools and colleges private or public preparing our kids for.?Because Robotics and Outsourcing are not stopping because a kommode came off the wall at Carver elementary school..and all I see is guaranteed debt slavery for the ones who by grace of God made it thru those early years.
Just sayin.

Huge tax cuts for large corporations, big military build up.....Mourning in America!

That's the way to get back at him. Every time one of those preposterous lies gets said, it has to be answered with effective counterpropaganda, The Trump regime can only be counteracted by showing it for what it is at every opportunity.

The idea is to shake the confidence of the Followers of The Don by exposing the self serving bullshit as many times as csn be done -- not wth an attitude of scorn but to use the Trump version of "truth" to undermine their effectiveness, draw his supporters away by making them into having to be apologist for undeniable absurdities.

The goal: to use Predident 45's own words to bury and drown him.

As a teacher, I am very troubled by this passage from Trump's speech.

“Mothers and children trapped in poverty in our inner cities, rusted out factories scattered like tombstones across the landscape of our nation. An education system flush with cash but which leaves our young and beautiful students deprived of all knowledge. And the crime and the gangs and the drugs that have stolen too many lives and robbed our country of so much unrealized potential. This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.”

I won't bother to parse the grammar, but notice the linkage of our educational system with trapped mothers and children, beautiful children deprived of all knowledge, and crime and gangs. Mr. Trump seems to be implying a causal relationship, even ascribing these dire circumstances our citizens face to an educational system flush with cash.

And by the way, it boggles the mind that he can say the words "...an education system flush with cash...." with a straight face. God Help Us All.

Flush with cash????? And that dumb blonde Kelly Ann said the same, and teachers are not doing their jobs. These people are itching for a revolution.

And Betsy de Vos who wants to turn schools into corporations and union bust. These people are mean and clueless.

Yes, he does not like unions or pensions. And his kids say he works seven days a week. What BS.

She wants more profit. When is MORE not enough for these creeps?

BTW please call your senators and reps and say that deVos ( on Monday which is when she is due to be confirmed) is NOT ACCEPTABLE>