Home | About | Donate

Trump Still Has Nothing But Platitudes For American Workers

Trump Still Has Nothing But Platitudes For American Workers

Lori Wallach, Rosa DeLauro

“America has also finally turned the page on decades of unfair trade deals that sacrificed our prosperity and shipped away our companies, our jobs and our wealth ... The era of economic surrender is totally over,” Trump crowed in his first State of the Union address Tuesday night, echoing the pro-working-American populist message he rode into the White House.

But in his near record-length speech, Trump actually said very little about trade and jobs, and nothing of substance.

This is the purpose of NAFTA and other trade deals…protecting investors…making sure they make greater profits with minimal risk. no matter who gets hurt in the process! Investors and their lobbyists are the only people being well and fully served by our captured government.

Do you really think Trump has any real clue about NAFTA? Reported the other day Harley Davidson is shutting down a plant in Kansas because of big decline in sales. Mexico is being destroyed by all the guns flowing from the US. I bet you could get a real cheap vacation in Acapulco.

“Trump promised to stop American job outsourcing,”

If rump was serious about stopping outsourcing then why is his wife’s products being manufactured over-seas? He never had any intention of stopping his own wife from outsourcing or her products would be manufactured in the US. Why wasn’t this being broadcasted during the election season? Let’s see him get his own house in order, then maybe I’ll believe him.

Another discrepancy from that hypocrite, conservatives claim that making the rich richer means they’ll invest in more businesses which will lead to more jobs. Ok sure… So Why then has rump been investing in businesses outside the US such as that failed golf course in Scotland? Answer: He’s been lying about his true intentions. He doesn’t give a shit about american workers.

The article is right as far as it goes, but don’t forget the worst
thing in NAFTA, the ISDS provision (“I Sue Democratic States”) whereby
each country gives foreign businesses legal priority over its own citizens
and effectively a veto over laws.

See https://stallman.org/business-supremacy-treaties.html.

These investors are nothing but pieces of sh-t.

I have nothing to say but WOW>

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden’s example. ]]]

I have nothing to say but WOW>

Are you responded to the comment I posted on that page?
I’m glad that is appreciated.

Are you by any chance Canadian? Your name could quábecois.

Canada seems to be in the process of adopting the TPP,
and that had the same sort of ISDS clause and probably still has it.
Canadians must organize NOW to defeat the TPP.

See stallman.org/images/trance-pacific-partnership.en.jpg.