Home | About | Donate

Trump Succumbs to Bush/Obama Perpetual War

Trump Succumbs to Bush/Obama Perpetual War

Ann Wright

Fourteen years ago on March 19, 2003, I resigned from the U.S. government in opposition to President George W. Bush’s decision to invade and occupy Iraq, an oil-rich Arab/Muslim country that had nothing to do with the events of Sept. 11, 2001, and that the Bush Administration knew did not have weapons of mass destruction.

Thank you, Ann. Yours is one of the voices I always turn to whenever I see your name. If only there were more like you.

What is this succumbs business? He campaigned on a bomb the shit out of them, kill their families, expand gitmo, take the oil platform. He hasn't inexplicably fallen into line.

I agree, and this take the oil. This guy and his stooges even consider nature as the enemy. They are greedy and demonic, and we must not buy their products, and continue to live a simple life.

The quagmire in Afghanistan has no end in sight. The Soviets learned the hard way that there was no winning there; it was termed their Vietnam. You'd think the government would learn from past mistakes but no, they continue to fight unwinnable perpetual wars that cost countless lives and borrowed funds. I like hearing about government people that are actually ethical, thank you Ann; we need some more conscientious people with voices in the government, and outside too.

Right On, Youse Guys!

I was gonna ask, "What you mean-um SUCCUMBS, Kemo Sabe?", but you beat me to it!!!

* BTW, Wetiko or Wendigo is what they were called a week or two ago - look up "Wetiko Agriculture".

An excellent summary of what our country's policies have done, and continue to do, to its own citizens, as well as much of the world, written by someone with more integrity than everyone in the Trump
administration combined! Thank you, Ann Wright. I salute you!

But . . .  but . . .  Hippy – Just think of all the Jobs, Jobs, Jobs in the defense industry and the military that we'd lose if there weren't all these wars to fight.  And all of the Dollars, Dollars, Dollars going into the pockets of the defense contractors that keep our economy Boom - Boom - Booming A-long . . .  Why, if it weren't for all these great wars bringing in all that cash then none of their lobbyists could afford swanky suites in Trump Tower and ritzy receptions at Mar-A-Lago that help them earn "points" with the Presi-Dunce.

Oooops - Please excuse my plagiarism.  Some guy named Weisenheimer or Eisenhowitz - something like that - explained all of this several decades ago.

UncleFester, you get an A+, for the correct answer!

At least O'Bummer can't be accused of the hypocrisy of prosecuting Cheney, Rumsfeld and Yoo* (and their co-
conspirator Rove) as war criminals when he's one himself.  What a great 'Legacy' the DamnocRats now worry about defending — a mediocre health-care bill that barely scratches the surface of the problem, overbalanced by eight more years of war against peaceful citizens, both foreign and domestic.

* Reminds me of that famous poster by James Mongomery Flagg –
        Uncle Sam Wants YOO . . .   Nearest Federal Prison.

Finally, the biggest question at hand. Thank you, Ann Wright. Stopping the wars should be at the top of any agenda of resistance. It would unite people from across the political spectrum.

"You would think the government would learn from their past mistakes."

Look at it from the war profiteers point of view and you will realize they are not government mistakes!