Home | About | Donate

Trump Takes Credit for New Sprint Jobs He Had Nothing To Do With

Trump Takes Credit for New Sprint Jobs He Had Nothing To Do With

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

President-elect Donald Trump wasted no time taking credit for the thousands of new and returning American jobs announced by Sprint on Wednesday—opportunities which, as many are pointing out, the real estate mogul had very little to do with.

Speaking to reporters from his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, Trump said Wednesday: "Because of what's happening and the spirit and the hope I was just called by the head people at Sprint and they're going to be bringing 5,000 jobs back to the United States."

What do the jobs pay? The problem has never been lack of jobs, it is lack of jobs at a living wage. If the company is moving jobs back into the US because they are confident of a sufficiently cowed work force who will accept a lower wage, then this is not good news.

The only positive I can see in all this is that The Donald will be keeping an eye out for jobs and is going to tweet them then it will be easy to keep count on how many he's 'responsible' for and if the number is small overall, it will be an easy to call him on it.

Just as important as holding our politicians accountable, we have to hold lamestreet media accountable and demand journalism and fact checking before spreading misinformation and out and out lies.

We do have good progressives doing good things but do we hear about it? only here on Common Dreams. Do we hear about bad things repubs are doing? NO! are the dems talking about it and lamestreet media just chooses not to talk to them like they choose to ignore Bernie.

Lamestreet media is the .0l/1% and is working only in their best interest. Strip them of their licenses at the same time as we demand banks be shut down as they are too big to fail. Break them up and put back regulations. Lots of hard fights ahead of us. Obama made the fight harder for us by not following thru and jailing war criminals and banksters.

and do we have an educated workforce to fill these jobs? I keep hearing corporations are HB1's so they can fill positions.

Surely we're not tiptoing around the treasonous context of displayimg the Israeli flag. We must insist that we see this embarrassing and dangerous clown impeached.

What is the liklihood that a GOP controlled Congress will ever initiate impeachment against Trump or any other Republican ?

Taking credit for things in which they had little or no influence is a well known characteristic of those who are mentally disabled by Narcissistic Personality Disorder. As the Trump reign of incompetence proceeds more people are going to become acquainted with the symptoms of this mental disorder.

Approaching zero without a lot of public support.

I suspect that the great majority of those jobs - like an increasing number of jobs in the US - do not much of an education - only some rote training. The fastest growing occupation in the US are restaurant/hotel/healthcare service jobs. Most of these Sprint jobs are call-center jobs and the like.

Do snow jobs count?

Agreed, only I'd add sociopathy to his list of mental disorders. Do you see any features of borderline p.d.?

Do you or does anyone here know of any people who were his supporters and who are now going, "oops....my bad." I don't.

His supporters won't go oops my bad until the main reason they voted for him doesn't come to fruition; good pay for unskilled jobs that the third world will do for 1/10 the cost. I'm sorry but I just don't see how that can work. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how our economy can support high pay for low skill work. This isn't the false economy of the 50's and 60's when the US was the only manufacturer standing in post WWII.

I wonder what portion of his supporters think the abolition of public education and Medicare are truly good ideas..... I wonder how many really think it's just collateral damage for oil spills and oil train explosions and our air so thick you can chew it and that's all okey dokey.....

Toni

:bee::bee:Please protect us :bug:....make sure you buy only plants & flowers :cherry_blossom::blossom: that are free from neonicotinoid pesticides....:bee::bee::bee:.....purty pleeezzzzzz!

They don't think let alone about those things. Trump was elected on good paying jobs being created for unskilled or out of demand workers. They don't care to think about any collateral damage. You can't confuse his supporters with rational, clear thinking people.

Lair is, as lair does..