Home | About | Donate

Trump: The Great Imitator

Trump: The Great Imitator

Christopher Brauchli

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
— Charles Caleb Colton, Many Things in A Few Words 1824

It was a brilliant move. He one-upped Alec Baldwin of Saturday Night Live (SNL) who has become famous for his impersonations of Mr. Trump, impersonations that have repeatedly raised the ire of Mr. Trump. In a moment that no one would have ever expected, Mr. Trump preempted SNL by his performance on Saturday, March 2, 1919, in front of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CACI). But I get ahead of myself.

1 Like

Brauchli sez:
“… we have to content ourselves with recalling Mr. Trump’s brilliant, if lengthy, imitation of Mr. Baldwin.”

Ahh. Lowlife imitating art.

“When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Close enough.

4 Likes

Ahead of yourself by only a hundred years or so, Mr. Brauchli . . .

Maybe tonight’s show should be modeled after H. G. Wells’ “The Time Machine”, with Tweetle-Dumb himself as the Master Morlock.  OTOH, perhaps Hair Drümpf was rehearsing for his role in a remake
of his favorite movie, “The Great Dictator”.

It’s hard for many to imitate a Clown.

Not Trump.

He’s a natural.

But weirdly. Mr Baldwin is a lot like Trump, as who could ever forget Alec Baldwin screaming at his 12 year old daughter left on her home message machine. Then wasn’t he lately accused of beating up a man over a parking spot?How peculiar they both are. Oh wait, wasn’t Mr. Baldwin supposed to move away to Canada if GW Bush won? LOL, which one is he doppelgänger? : 0

Alec Baldwin does a terrible Trump. He is always grimacing and angry. Darrel Hammond did a much better job.

I think Trump may have felt a tinge of uncomfortableness for telling that many lies all in one place, at one time.

Colbert’s monologues are as good.

Can’t help myself.
1919?
Cmon folks.
Even an old guy like me knows what time it is.