Home | About | Donate

Trump to Sign Proclamation Deploying National Guard to US-Mexico Border 'Immediately'

Trump to Sign Proclamation Deploying National Guard to US-Mexico Border 'Immediately'

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Fulfilling a "disturbing" proposal first floated during a meeting with Baltic leaders on Tuesday, President Donald Trump directed the Departments of Defense and Homeland Security on Wednesday to begin working with American governors to deploy the National Guard to the U.S.-Mexico border "immediately"—a move some have

So what’s new? MSM influencing the sheeple.

Drugs and illegals will keep flowing regardless. Billionaire market will be supplied anyhow.
Flow of migrants will only be stopped when Mexico is absorbed by the USA, and its economy is improved.

1 Like

OMG …! You mean the orangubrat could seriously be doing exactly what Bush-dark before him did??? Methinks if the retarded dotard had half a clue he would make damned sure he did not repeat even a portion of an action Obama engaged in … what a dank, dark, miniscule and depressing world the prictator inhabits :sob::cry:

1 Like

Fox FAKE news for dummies: no wonder Chump trump The Loser makes his decisions based on their lame reports.

2 Likes

This character is trying to get impeached. Guess he’s set the low road for his successor, heh? Time to get back to running gambling houses, I guess. Or World War 3? My guess is we get Pense-ed.

1 Like

Many of those “millions of Americans” would love to mow down a bunch of immigrants themselves. Trump deploying military to do it makes it happen without any of those millions taking any personal risks or getting busted.

Doesn’t faux news’ caravan advancing through Mexico scare remind you of the “FUCK ALBANIA” crusade in Wag the Dog ?

The cheese done slid from his cracker.

2 Likes

The whole idea is one of President Trump’s dumbest. How could that work? How many troops would it take to stand in sight of each other Would they have radios in case immigrant started coming cross and one person even if armed would not be able to stop them and turn them back.

Even if The Great Wall of Trump were built, people could come up the California coast in boats and jumping ship.

1 Like

That will please his White Supremacist voters that hate all non white people. I would much rather be voting against Trump and his White Supremacist true believer views and audience.

Please don’t Tweet this to Trump, we’ll have a Naval Blockade on our hands.

I recall news articles of the Texas National Guard relying on food donations so they could eat while deployed to the border under Bush.

And if history is any guide a fair portion of those drugs will go to the troops. Heck if history is a guide then some of the troops will be the ones moving those drugs across the border.

1 Like

I suspect Trump was inspired by Isreal opening fire on peaceful protesters in Gaza.

2 Likes

NThis political ploy will make it harder for existing border patrol people to do their job because the first priority now will be to use the National Guard in some showy way that makes Trump look good. If the troops are left standing around doing nothing, the media will soon pick up and broadcast the complaints. So, what can be done with the Guard? At best, they can be assigned to man second and third checkpoints on people and trucks crossing the border, thereby creating endless delays. That might be a suitable visual. Or they could be dispatched into the deserts in search of the few migrants trying to cross over on foot. That, too, could provide good visuals. The biggest risk is that their guns will be loaded, and that means a fair chance of the NG massacring innocent people or different NG units attacking each other in error. Those would be bad visuals.

1 Like

It’s amazing how much our Draft-Dodger-in-Chief loves to play with his toy soldiers.

1 Like

Are there any open border proponents on this site? I haven’t seen any such posts.

1 Like

Perhaps the confusion arises because there is no evidence-based reason to be paranoid about the Mexican border as compared to any other policies that control entry into the country.

Why complain to Mexico because some citizens make their way through that country on the way to the U.S. and not work ourselves to control the flood of people that make their way through the U.S. on the way to Canada?

Why scream about crime by undocumented immigrants from Mexico and Central America when their crime rates are lower than native born Americans? (no such screams about crime from other undocumented immigrants who have similar rates)

Why incite fear about immigrants from Islamic countries that go through a very thorough system of checks but not about immigrants from European countries that go through hardly any checks?

Why are people who walk across the Mexican border considered differently than people who walk across the Canadian border?

Why is there more xenophobic expressions in forums and chats than previously even though the flow of migrants into the U.S. is at an extremely low point?

1 Like

Huckabee Sanders: “…Democrats can’t actually show up and do their jobs.”

Can’t really argue against that one… BUT don’t the republicans hold majorities in both Houses of Congress??? Just sayin.’

I wish I had more time to answer - but I am working - perhaps more tonight. The $115 billion figure you cite is completely bogus as is your logic of using Federal data like that. The Federal data comes from agencies that primarily deal with non-citizens so it is only natural that non-citizens show up there. (I could claim that the biggest threat to our nation was from people who majored in computer science in college and then only cite data from the FBI cyber unit as proof - that is the nature of the logic of your argument). As I’ve posted before - you cannot look to arrests made by Homeland Security and by ICE agents or border patrol agents and expect to see a representation of U.S. Citizens - non-naturalized immigrants are bound to show up because that is just who those groups surveil.
If you look at the state data within the report you cite (the so-called SCAAP incarcerations) you get a fairer picture because the state and local arrests are made by enforcement agencies that do not target immigrants to the same degree. In the GAO report you cite, it says that non-naturalized immigrants/migrants make up 10% of all prison days in California. But that group makes up 14% of the population of California - i.e. lower crime rates. Go to the next state… In Florida 5% of all inmate days were from non-naturalized immigrants/migrants compared to 9% of the population - i.e. lower crime rates. I’ll let you go to the other states in the GAO report - you’ll find the same trend.

1 Like