Home | About | Donate

Trump Uses Power of FCC to Pay Back Friends at Sinclair Broadcasting

Trump Uses Power of FCC to Pay Back Friends at Sinclair Broadcasting

Michael Corcoran

Monday morning, Sinclair Broadcast Group, the conservative media behemoth that owns more local news stations than any other company in the country, just got even bigger. It announced it was buying Tribune Media for $3.9 billion, creating what Bloomberg (5/8/17) calls a “TV goliath.”

I think this battle was lost awhile ago-my local stations share video on the same news stories,and hardly cover real news in any in depth way. So most people don't watch.

Media has changed----and public airwaves should be used for community and public purposes ----remember when cable said it would air local community events??????

It's the blatant out in the open shamelessness of Trump corruption that is amazing to me. They not only sell out, they do it proudly as if they not only not doing anything wrong but act like they are entitled to do it with flagrant joy.

And 44 percent agree. They not only agree but get indignantly angry if you say President Trump, his clean cut wholesome looking son in law, and all the rest of his staff of never to be indicted co-conspirators are making America great again by sticking it to "liberals" and uppity miniorities, and people who share the same religion as jihadi terroists.

If this president and his enablers and supporters represent what it means to be "proud to be an American," then I am not and am ashamed to be the same nationality as these mean spirited self righteous people.