Home | About | Donate

Trump Wants to Allow Discrimination with Billions of Dollars of Federal Funding

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/11/06/trump-wants-allow-discrimination-billions-dollars-federal-funding

Hate, disguised as policy, is the trademark of this administration.

I cannot wait for the end to come to everyone who’s sold their soul.

5 Likes

Karma is more powerful than any fascist could ever be! Peace

1 Like

This article made no mention of Title VI and how all this obviously undermines Title VI which is effectively illegal. One more reason to impeach rump.

4 Likes

Clearly a violation of the Constitution when federal money is involved.

2 Likes

the text gives no examples of discrimination against Catholics.

Catholic adoption agencies refusing to place Catholic children with Catholic single parents, vs ok with Catholic heterosexual couples. Catholic homosexual couples can 't even get in the door of an agency, BTW.

1 Like

Fortunately a federal district judge ruled against the HHS’s discrimination stance. But then it is on to the supreme court where it may be overruled.

Wish I saw that this will end, my optimism is nearly gone. They have been stacking the courts with judges who would have gone with the discrimination. And while they are a minority, using gerrymandering, voter suppression, and fear tactics could win.
Too many americans are willing to be scared to follow their worst impulses.

2 Likes

Agreed, the government is not suppose to support any religion, while the republicans have been trying to impose a theocracy.

1 Like

Can America afford to wait until the 2020 election? I don’t think so; impeach TRAITOR tRump, now!

We’ve got a year left to change hearts and minds.

Don’t give up quite yet on our fellow Americans Skip.