Home | About | Donate

Trump White House Weighing Plans for Private Spies to Counter “Deep State” Enemies

Trump White House Weighing Plans for Private Spies to Counter “Deep State” Enemies

Matthew Cole & Jeremy Scahill, The Intercept

The creation of such a program raises the possibility that the effort would be used to create an intelligence apparatus to justify the Trump administration’s political agenda.

Great. Now we’re going to have Spies spying on our Spies.

Another total waste of taxpayer dollars.

Just say it “Secret Police”. My taxes had better not be used to fund this scam on the American People. If rump is so damned paranoid that he needs a secret service that only he knows about, he needs psychiatric help.

God, what new evil does Trump want to bring upon us in the person of Eric Prince… And does this mean we are ALL “deep state” enemies? Who is the “deep state”?

“Pompeo can’t trust the CIA bureaucracy, so we need to create this thing that reports just directly to him,” said a former senior U.S. intelligence official with firsthand knowledge of the proposals, in describing White House discussions. “It is a direct-action arm, totally off the books,” this person said, meaning the intelligence collected would not be shared with the rest of the CIA or the larger intelligence community. “The whole point is this is supposed to report to the president and Pompeo directly.”

(Snip)

Some of the individuals involved with the proposals secretly met with major Trump donors asking them to help finance operations before any official contracts were signed.

The proposals would utilize an army of spies with no official cover in several countries deemed “denied areas” for current American intelligence personnel, including North Korea and Iran. The White House has also considered creating a new global rendition unit meant to capture terrorist suspects around the world, as well as a propaganda campaign in the Middle East and Europe to combat Islamic extremism and Iran.

Treason. A president’s private military? WTF is congress waiting for? Treason. Period. Indict. Impeach. Convict. All the way through Ryan.

When you put it like that, it sounds like a 3rd world dictator afraid of those he rules.

This is the inevitable result of Reagan’s promotion of the idea of a silent majority who somehow embodied the core values of the Nation but who were at war with “big government”, presented as hostile to the individual (capitalist entrepreneur) and so unAmerican. This spawned the culture wars and now the installation of a gang of killers for hire who will ruthlessly do whatever it takes to enshrine far right ideologues as the Guardians of the Nation, free to dub anyone who does not fit their definition of a true (Christian) Patriot as “the enemy within”. Fascism is making itself at home in the White House.

Psychiatric help is a forgone conclusion Moss.

Why stop at Ryan. The entire Republican Congress has conspired against the majority of the population.

Sinclair Lewis’ It Can’t Happen Here (1935) IS HAPPENING HERE AND NOW. I read it in the summer of 2015 as I saw Trump elbowing his way into being a contender. Knowing that others would surely also see the danger of such a demagogue, I hoped that lesser evils would conquer him at the primary/convention level. Then at the national election. A disaster like Trump won’t just go away; an ugly event is on the horizon. I just hope that the event also takes out Pence, Ryan, …

The President wants to create a private army of spies/black-ops agents that are not answerable to Congress or anyone else, with zero oversight, and will be secret and not communicate anything with the other legitimate intelligence agencies of the US government.

Scary does not begin to describe this. The fact that this is not even being mentioned in the major news media, and that even the SUGGESTION of this by Trump is not causing Congress to start impeachment proceedings, says all we really need to know about how far down the road of fascism the US has travelled.

Sounds like a move to dictatorship to me…Trump wants banana republic. Well, why doesn’t he buy a very small, uninhabited island (maybe the one Tom Hanks washed up on) and he and Pompeo can move to it. Trump can take the whole family. He and Pompeo can operate their little dictarorship.

Repubs will need to act quickly. They have about a year before they lose the House. Then when both Trump and Pence are canned, a Dem will become Prez - maybe someone other than Nancy Pelosi.

After Ryan it’s Hatch in succession. Nothing impeachable there and you can’t get to the others like McConnell since they come after the cabinet if at all. I keep reading references to the Russian scandal involving at least Pence and Ryan in the coverup, and that if trump goes down he takes them with him.

Treason? Fascist, Unconstitutional and Impeachable, without a doubt but…will anything be done? NOT…there will be a government shut-down at the end of the month and the take-over will be complete…what will rise from the ashes? come Jan. 1 , 2018 we will most likely will not be called America anymore. If it is just now being reported it has already taken place.

Kind of reminds me of the Spy vs Spy cartoons in Mad Magazine back in the day. Mad is an apt description of the megalomaniac sociopath occupying the white house. And that extends to the whole criminal congress (D’s & R’s) as they play their parts in the Kabuki theater of the absurd that passes for government in the USA. It’s time for massive general strikes and boycotts or say goodbye to the USA once and for all.

Yeah, that’s the problem.

The huge cost of security plus backroom deals has flattened every military empire in human history.

Spies demand top pay and sumptuous headquarters that impress other spies with their prestige.

Ever notice that corruption is used when incompetency reaches the tipping point? Ever notice that when incompetency reaches the tipping point there is an inability to even SEE that incompetency is the problem? Ever notice that when incompetency is the problem then institutionalized murder becomes the method for scrambling for power?

I’ve been noticing that when institutionalized incompetency exhausts its assiduously denominated self-limited toolbox, it magically turns into a sack of hammers with EVERYTHING piling on connection to the detonator switch - lordy what racket in every sense of the word!

Then everybody cheats in every way that they can “think” (which actually ends up more like glomming dominoes up in a line to knock down rather than actual cognition - like Blacwater (another name for sewage) to lie, guns in hand, in order to claw onto what they claim is their privilege (law by this time being little more than dust in the wind to those poor shrivelled brains).

Lastly, this cabal then turns around and looks at the devastating consequences wracked by their ‘grand chess board’’ on actual reality and project their incompetence onto the victims of it. You cannot make this shit up!. Of course they have to do this otherwise they’d have to grow some semblance of consciousness and conscience.

Could you imagine life sentences for the corrupt lot of them and while in prison, as ‘therapy’, assign them to design board games using the methodologies that landed them in prison. NO computerized elements permitted. Promise them all the profits gained from sale of the game.

Their Own Private Spy Intel Unit to Counter Deep State Enemies (Erik Prince - Oliver North): give the president the intelligence needed.

Jeremiah 16:17 For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face, neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes.