Home | About | Donate

Trump Wouldn’t Have Let Her in the Country, But Ilhan Omar Is Likely Joining Congress

Trump Wouldn’t Have Let Her in the Country, But Ilhan Omar Is Likely Joining Congress

Juan Cole

Ilhan Omar, a refugee and a Somali-heritage Muslim woman who veils, has won the Democratic primary for Minnesota’s Fifth District congressional seat, hoping to succeed Keith Ellison. The district, which includes Minneapolis, typically votes heavily Democratic, so she has a good shot at winning the seat.

1 Like

“The hate. It hurts…so much.”

Have you met Ilhan? You seem to know her awfully well.
Advice; Seek help before you hurt someone or yourself.

3 Likes

Are you talking about Gaza or Yemen? Or Syria? Or Libya? Iraq? Afghanistan?
“We came. We saw. He (they) died! He.He.” And Libya descended into chaos.

By the way, the terrorists in Syria are US allies. Duh.

3 Likes

I want to see the First Asexual Taoist-Pantheist Dravidian Elected to National Office.

1 Like

If she stayed in Somalia, she’d likely be dead by now. Killed by members of her own religion, for being uppity.

How about just a plain ol’ atheist? Yeah, as the proverbial hell freezes over. Of course I don’t believe in hell unless you mean the actual hell here on Earth created by greedy, stupid humans.

3 Likes

I do wish Ilhan the best as she shows the bigots how utterly vile they are.

1 Like

I hope she believes in the separation of church and state:

1 Like

Hi MMinLamesa;
but all the things you listed which you say Muslims do, those same things are done to others by Christians and Jews too. Maybe you should try being a Pagan-----they worship the Earth and work for the Whole Earth, and are a lot kinder.

2 Likes

Who do you think has caused all those refugees? When we reek havoc in a nation it’s about time we started paying the consequences instead of raping and pillaging.