Home | About | Donate

Trumpcare Vote Delayed as White House Promotes Alternative Facts on Bill

Trumpcare Vote Delayed as White House Promotes Alternative Facts on Bill

Julia Conley, staff writer

Even as Senate Republicans announce that they'll delay a vote on their healthcare bill, as Sen. John McCain of Arizona recovers from surgery he had on Friday to remove a blood clot from above his eye.

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) previously had to delay the vote until after the July 4th recess as Republicans searched within their ranks for enough votes to pass the deeply unpopular bill. McConnell had been pushing for a vote on Tuesday.

How very ironic. If even one congresscritter gets sick, the whole plan goes down for lack of interest. One would think that would be enough evidence that the bill STINKS.

An easy way to normalize Don is to use the oxymoron "Trumpcare."

What happens, if McCain dies on the operating table? A small but real possibility at his age.
Then his seat will go up for re-election and may or may not be filled by another Republican. In any case that would clearly defer the vote to next year. How absurd is that?

On second thought: His death would potentially save millions of lives.

Sorry, I was spouting off in my previous post, before I realized, that the surgery had already happened.

Are you sure?  Wouldn't the Goober-Nador of Arizona appoint someone to take McCain's place until at least the 2018 election, if not for the remainder of his term (which ends in January, 2021, IIRC)?

Your comment is on point though, many people faced with the same life decisions will not have access to life saving medical care.

Governors do not have that kind of power.
Otherwise it would have happened in those GOP states, where Trump's appointees needed to be replaced.

Worse yet, many will not even have the opportunity to make that decision, because they cannot afford the copay for the annual checkup, which points out the problem.

So, pense says, "Medicaid for the neediest in our society" ?? The weasel here is "neediest". Thanks pense, from all of We the People, of the United States of America, who won't make the cut! The corporate "its' (not you, "It" of the "Addams Family") - lie at will, to suit their incredibly cruel "selves".

Sounds like Pence has been around the fascists in the White House (Trump, Bannon) long enough that now he can lie with the best of them. Shouldn't be long until we hear Pence praising Putin.

That's wrong.

For house seats, federal law requires an election.

For Senatorial seats, states can decide whether to have special elections or have the Governor appoint someone to fill the seat until the next general election.

The examples you reference from the Trump administration are all House seats, I believe.

Arizona allows its governor to make the appointment, with the proviso that the appointee must be from the same party as the person who vacated the senate seat.

For more on this see: http://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/vacancies-in-the-united-states-senate.aspx

I stand corrected,
thank you!

I think Pence has been a well-practiced liar for quite some time. Folks in Indiana were ready to run him out of the state before he got bumped up to VEEP.

Glad that McCain has such good healthcare that his position enables. He holds a vote that can permit or take away some semblance of healthcare from millions of his fellow Americans. Hope he realizes this and demonstrates humanity.

Johnny is a war injured asshole who wants to continue to fight worthless wars. Fuck him and his ilk ...

Funny how a real Vietnam war vet wants nothing to do with fighting anymore wars ... almost as if McCain the vet, didn't really see action (or at least not enough to turn him off to war anywhere)! **If I had been a POW for a few years I know for damned sure I would be doing everything in my power to keep this country out of a-l-l-l-l-l-l wars for the rest of my life!

Notice he's not at a VA Hospital. That's gov't healthcare, 100%. Well, it was until it wasn't. And, the Mayo Clinic is an awesome set of medical facilities. I delivered 8 pizzas there once and was treated very well by the entire custodial staff. Being in a good union does that. :wink:

Pence has been around the fascists much longer than his time in the White House. Pence and his "Christian" charity are behind turning New Orleans public school sys. into a for profit charter school sys, after Katrina.