Home | About | Donate

Trump's Cabinet Wealthier Than One-Third of US Households Combined

Trump's Cabinet Wealthier Than One-Third of US Households Combined

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Besides comprising the wealthiest administration in modern U.S. history, President-elect Donald Trump's 17 ultra-rich cabinet-level picks thus far have a combined wealth that surpasses that of the 43 million least wealthy American households combined.

Boy did the Trumpublican voters get fooled about who they voted for.

Many of them will actually believe that some of the wealth of those 17 people will soon trickle down to them.
When they start getting all that money, they will finally start to understand what Trump meant when he said he would make America great again.

Repulsive parasites.

I agree with very little of what Trump has said or done, but white males for most cabinet positions should not surprise us, since his campaign was not based on an appeal to women and minorities. The one good thing to come out of the Trump victory is that people seem to pay much more attention to politics now, and one has to hope it continues for the next four years. If Clinton had won, I doubt people would be analyzing her cabinet choices as much.

The oligarchy came out of the closet.

"Trump's Cabinet Wealthier Than One-Third of US Households Combined"
"is shaping up to be the least diverse in recent history, with just three people so far who are not white men"

Isn't this the kind of rhetoric that actually got Trump elected?

Why does it matter how rich they are, or what color their skin is, or whether they are male of female? Ask yourself whether they are competent to do their jobs. That part isn't even mentioned in the article. Haven't some people learned anything from the humiliating defeat just a few weeks ago? Looks like not.

Yes, They will all be following them around with their begging cups in hopes that a few pennies will trickle down to them when Trump and his crowd are cleaning the lint out of their pockets. I'm sure they'll all be well heeled by the time the Trump administration is over.

I am just SHOCKED! who woulda ever thought????

Your point is well taken. But it's delusional to believe that the uber-rich in Trump's administration are going to do anything except look out for the uber-rich, while they wrap their actions in the rhetoric of jobs and the mythical free market. We've been going down this road since 1980 when Reagan took office and it's been nothing but a disaster.

On the merits of your point, there is little evidence so far that any of the cabinet choices have the qualifications or inclination to do the job. Giving the State Department to Exxon-Mobil, Energy to Rick Perry who wants to eliminate the department, EPA to a fossil fuel shill from Oklahoma where oil and gas call the tune, Education to someone with no experience or training in education and who wants to dismantle public education in favor a profit/voucher model and who admits that she simply bought influence by giving money to Republicans, expecting a return on her investment, HUD to a man who believes poverty is a choice, Commerce to a man who supported Mitt Romney's statement that 47% of Americans are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. and HHS to a zealot who only wants to make Obamacare go away and then dismantle Medicare and Medicaid does not instill confidence that these choices meet your criterion that they be competent to do their jobs.

From Trump's perspective of transferring wealth from the 99% to the 1%, there is no question that Trump's cabinet picks are competent to do their jobs.

Many of our local Trumpeters have told me that they believe Trump and other billionaires are less corrupt than mere millionaires and multimillionaires because they already have so much money. They ignore 99% of recorded human history where societies were comprised of a few extremely wealthy folks and hordes of destitute folks. they ignore the fact that the diminishing US middle class as they know it is a byproduct of FDR's New Deal, and they ignore the fact that the 1% is proceeding with a 21st century version of General Sherman;s march to the sea that will end with the 1% owning everything and the 99% owning nothing...neofeudalism, in a nutshell.

What about if we include Trump's own wealth in the math? What percentage are they richer than combined?

What if his wealth is closer to the size of his hands than he would have us believe?

oh course not, just lie they didn't analyze anything Obama said did or they thought he thought! We can go by the already proven erroneous smear campaigns they had come up with how willing they would have been to accept anything that possibly could have helped us hold onto natural lands in a federal and state level and keep wildlife from being hunted and exterminated on the same. Oh, and conservation, yeah, we'll see how that goes. But wait! It gets better: they have been underhandedly already tried to start a propaganda campaign a couple years ago concerned for Native rights, they want to make sure people can sell off tribal land and try to dissolve more treaties if not close to all. And everyone knows any steps taken forward over the last 8 years ti reign in law enforcement agencies , illegal investigations, illegal seizures ave just gone down the toilet! You might be able to tough out the next four years but other people are gonna be on the cutting edge and they will think of ya.

Acknowledging facts requires taking responsibility for your own life, a concept that most of the Trumpeters I meet are deathly afraid of.

Listen to the lyrics of Strawberry Fields by the Beatles to better understand the mindset of Trumpeters.

That song, along with Traffic's Dear Mr. Fantasy and Ry Cooder's No Banker Left Behind will be a perfect fit for the Trump inauguration.

Trump is officially surrounding himself with rich and powerful people. All the Trump voters in the Heartland should be afraid.
More at
http://richardsubber.com/

Eat the rich...burp, fart, Colon cancer!

I guess you could say that for anyone in their first bureaucratic position. Case in point, current head od the Dept of Energy is a Nobel Laureate physicist. Now what kind of experience would a scientist have to run the DOE? Rick Perry was governor of TX for 14 years. I'd pick him over a scientist any time. Sure, get the physicist as an adviser on specific DOE issue but put a manager in charge.

They didn't get fooled at all. They got a racist, xenophobic, misogynist. Their fears about terrorism should be reduced if Trump requires all Muslims to register and starts monitoring mosques. They will be supportive if he starts deporting millions of undocumented immigrants. If he continues to lead a white nationalist movement he will be the man they voted for. Finally Washington will pay more attention to whites than to people of color, which is something have have been hoping for. So far there are no complaints from the KKK and neonazis about Trump. They seem poised to take the hate to the next level. And they most be pleased to see the news that hate crimes are increasing in the US. I doubt if Trump voters are concerned about how rich the cabinet members are. They probably greatly admire these rich people and most likely are very envious of their accumulation of vast wealth.

I disagree completely. Give me the person who knows the substance of the job over the one who knows how to manipulate it and definitely over the one who wants to destroy it, as in the case of Rick Perry. DOE is an oft-ridiculed but under appreciated department. When W was around, Cheney declared something to the effect that energy efficiency might be the basis for a life style choice but not the basis for energy policy -- he was totally wrong and proved to be so. At the time, the Energy Information Agency's business as usual case was projecting the need for a new coal plant to be built every month essentially as far as the eye could see. Instead, as a result of the good work at DOE and many public utility commissions, energy efficiency, the cheapest and cleanest marginal resource by far, was deployed in an ever greater amount and nearly all of those coal plants were never built and their CO2 and other emissions have been avoided. Rick Perry has shown no interest in understanding this. To the contrary, he wants to build more power plants (natural gas in his case), not avoid them. I say find the people who know and understand the facts, not the ones with an ideological agenda and the "management skills" to implement it.

Oh, and Steven Chu, the Secretary of whom I believe you speak, though not the current Secretary, was one of the best we've had and served as a Director of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory from 2004-2009 before he was appointed to Obama's cabinet. As such, he was well familiar with how to run a large organization, in addition to having the substantive knowledge to steer it.