Home | About | Donate

Trump's Crusaders March to War on Iran

Trump's Crusaders March to War on Iran

Eric Margolis

The world is still reeling in horror from the deadly Sri Lanka bombings that may have been the work of Islamic State madmen. Poor Sri Lanka has suffered so much after three decades of civil war and communal strife. We weep for this beautiful and once gentle nation.

But behind the horror in Sri Lanka, a huge crisis was building up of which the world has so far taken insufficient notice: renewed tensions in the oil-producing Gulf. This is the latest attempt by the United States to crush Iran’s independent-minded government and return it to American tutelage.

2 Likes

Trump just wants to be re-elected. He wants the American Empire to go on until the end of time. So many people protested Bush’s war in Iraq. After Ehud Barack Obama & Donald Trump became POTUS, the protests have ended or slowed down. The people should get back to protesting & not elect pro-war politicians including Democrats & vote for leaders favoring BDS.

3 Likes

Hi pinkprince:
I think a lot of people are waking up, even though it took children in cages and abducted kids ripped from their parent’s arms to make people realize that things are going wrong here!. I think that the EU is working with China because their deals don’t seem to have such odd conditions .Besides, China has actual gold to back their paper money-----besides war, what backs America’s money? And too, what with the Boeing disaster, are American made war machines all that trustworthy? Other countries make excellent products too.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Headline sez:
“Trump’s Crusaders March to War on Iran”

As it regards “Nuts 'n” Boltus and Pompeous, it’s a pity this “marching” is merely metaphorical.
These two chickenhawksshits will remain as far from the pointy end of the stick as they can get, all the while hiding Cadet Bonespurs under their skirts.

6 Likes

Have to re-instate the draft to start getting people in he streets against war again.

5 Likes

I remember when the Democrat’s answer to trump made her comment when Israel was working on its deal with the Saudis, to use one of their airfields for refueling its fighters, who were to attack Iran’s nuclear reactors. She said any military response to Israel’s attack, by Iran, would be considered an act of war, and would be dealt with by the American military.
*Bolton’s entire career has been dedicated to destroying the United Nations and promoting war with Iran. We are following in the footsteps of Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy, but with immensely more powerful weapons. Our fuehrer of the moment is talking about new weapons for “limited” nuclear war. There is no such thing as limited nuclear war. The first idiot that presses his button will be able to say, “I am become death, destroyer of worlds.” For someone else will detect the launch and in fear or panic press his own button. Someone else will detect that and press his/her button and, in a few hours, our civilization will be gone, the libraries and art galleries destroyed along with the cathedrals and churches, hospitals and laboratories, croplands, factories et al.
*The survivors, attempting to grow food in a nuclear winter, where the UV radiation will blind people and induce cancers will probably become lawless to survive, preying on the weaker to survive, etc.
*And so it will end, a bang followed by a whimper and eventual silence. The universe will not miss another lifeless rock circling a middle class sun. It probably won’t even notice.
*I know whereof I speak, for I am a nuclear veteran. I have survived so far, but many thousands of us have not.
;-})

6 Likes

All life is in the hands of a deranged orange clown.

3 Likes

Hate is the cancer that is killing us now right here in the United States, and the one who swore on a Bible and the Constitution to protect our country from such a thing happening here, is the biggest cheerleader for it.

His demise will be a true saving grace.

We can only pray it comes before he drives our nation over a cliff.

4 Likes

We can count on you Eric M. for honest journalism in context, making
the Evangelical hard right’s absurd literalism of Armageddon sounding
like the Vietnam vileness of “having to destroy the nation in order to save it.”
And what a shame to reduce the Christian message to such self-destructive
nonsense: “. . . for those who lead this people lead them astray, and those who
are led by them are swallowed up” (Is.9.16).

1 Like

The deranged orange clown is in the hands of the MIC and much those agencies and organizations that promote the Dark Empire. If Trump goes, the problem remains as illustrated by the fact that General Wesley Clark detailed plans to take out Iran years before the orange clown got the presidency.

The Carter Doctrine , the Yinon Plan, the PNAC documents and indeed the very founding of Israel and Saudi Arabia as Western backed States are all a part of this. The march to a war on Iran has been a long standing strategy ever since it tried to leave the Western orbit and regain its independence under Mosaddegh.

5 Likes

Russia makes superior weapons than the U.S. measuring dollar for dollar. I suspect China does as well. The real question here is whether America’s “allies” will accept Trump’s demand not to buy Iranian oil. My guess is some will and some won’t adding to the complexity of the Bolton/Pompeo plan for Imperial expansion.

1 Like

I’m not sure that HRC would have acted any differently than Trump is. She may have gone a little lighter on Iran, but she would have also accelerated the campaign for regime change in Russia. Both Parties are complicit in the march of Empire.

2 Likes

“Trump … stop trying to overthrow governments it does not like around the globe and promoting itself as the Second Coming of Christ”

I almost laughed aloud at this comment, but held back as it’s also deadly serious. We ARE talking about some madmen.

1 Like

I don’t think Trump gives a rat’s ass on the American Empire after he’s gone. His tax cut, withdrawal from the Paris Agreement 2018 on climate change, his opposition to the Green New Deal, his ramping up the development of fossil fuels, his attack on beneficial regulations, his withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal, his recognition of Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights, his appointment of Bolton, his sanctions against the world, and more that could be added to this list; without exception, all have one thing in common: they provide perceived short term benefits (for him) and long term loss for the U.S. (and in some cases, mankind).

4 Likes

Yes, Trump is not the problem; the problem is the fascists that Trump takes his orders from! Just like Bush the Elder; Dim son; and Obama did. And just like Biden will after 2020.

3 Likes

Yep , the last guy not to take orders from those Fascists was John F Kennedy.

4 Likes

Neither of those two ever should have been put on the ballot. Both are extremely damaged people not worthy of any public service job.

It’s looking like 2020 may turn out the same.

It sucks.

2 Likes

All true. One thing that Russiagate represents is war among the ruling class - mainly over foreign policy. The Democrats along with much of the National Security State, want to restart the “great powers” conflict primarily against Russia (hence the demonization of all things Russian by Liberal media).

Max Blumenthal with a really valuable historical perspective on the new Cold War with Russia.

2 Likes

Why are people on the left defending Russia??? The US is a CORPORATE MILITARY POLICE STATE----Russia may be more of a MILITARY POLICE STATE----the government having real control over the corporations. But it is clear that Russia did try and play a role in the 2016 election----and Trump seems to think there is no problem in this.