Home | About | Donate

Trump's Disdain for Puerto Rico Should Be His Undoing

Trump's Disdain for Puerto Rico Should Be His Undoing

Sonali Kolhatkar

Puerto Rico’s death toll of about 3,000 from Hurricanes Irma and Maria in 2017 ought to be the biggest strike against President Donald Trump.

1 Like

I’ve appreciated Sonali’s work for years. But in her latest about Puerto Rico she conflates Gov. Rosselló with Carmen Yulín-Cruz, when she says:

" Trump has also decided that Puerto Rico’s governor does not deserve his attention, and in a manner that can only be described as utterly juvenile, as he has been actively avoiding Gov. Ricardo Rosselló. Rosselló responded by saying such behavior was “below the dignity of a sitting President” and “irresponsible, regrettable and, above all, unjustified.”"

Rosselló is a pawn of the US government. Yulín-Cruz is a brave and honest leader of PR. She was elected by the People whereas Rosselló in effect appointed to stooge for the US.

!

0 Likes

As Greg Palast proved, Trump was not legitimately elected in the first place.
There is no reason what so ever to believe the next election will be any more legitimate.
For disgruntled voters to have an impact their votes would first have to be counted, and i rather doubt many Puerto Rican’s will get past crosscheck or whatever else they rig the next one with.

1 Like

If it were my responsibility as manager of truth, to make sure politicians were truthful, I would have a machine made that would zap anyone telling a damn lie. Would Trump stand at a podium and keep on lying after the second or third zap? Perhaps the intensity could be increased after each subsequent lie.

1 Like

How many things should be Trump’s undoing now?

Maybe it’s time someone put up an opposition candidate.

0 Likes

A Puerto Rican who votes for Trump is equivalent to
a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.

0 Likes