Home | About | Donate

Trump's Easter Morning Tweets Affirm His 'Anti-Immigrant Agenda,' Say Rights Groups

Trump's Easter Morning Tweets Affirm His 'Anti-Immigrant Agenda,' Say Rights Groups

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Human rights groups on Sunday said that President Donald Trump affirmed his "anti-immigrant agenda" when he tweeted that there would be no legislative deal to help a group of immigrants known as Dreamers, said that a border wall is urgently needed, and implied that Mexico and Democrats are allowing "caravans" of undocumented people to arrive in the United States.

Did the Trumps go to church this Easter morning?

Oh, that’s right, they’re not Christian, they’re all “Rich-ians.”

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free," [Emma Lazarus]

Bring all immigrants here and send the retarded dotard AWAY!

You’re right, no person, nor state is above the law. Thus, the other questions you left out are:

Why is the United States not paying reparations for its armed interventions, and support for armed interventions, in: Brazil, Costa Rica, Chile, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Haiti, Honduras, El Salvador, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico?

Why is the United States not held accountable for enabling US corporations to exploit the nature and human resources of foreign countries?

Hi MMinLamesa,

A red-herring implies an item that is diverts from the topic at hand.

The questions that I raised speak to the driving factors for immigration. Neglecting to address these questions, in the context of the immigration debate, is disingenuous.

I work with folk from the immigrant communities that you denigrate with the term ‘illegal aliens’.

These are individuals who have left the lands their families, they’ve left their friends, they’ve left their homes, they’ve left the only homeland they have known and many have risked their lives doing so. The US government has been, and continues to be, a significant influence in perpetuating the oppressive conditions that exist in Latin America. The US government is a significant factor in pushing immigrant out of their homeland through the US failure to pay reparations and bring an end to the crimes against humanity and the economic devastation it has ravaged, and continues to ravage, throughout Latin America.

Americans are partially responsible. They watched his idiot show where he screamed at people. Oprah Winfrey had him on her show and squealed “The Donald!” Twitter is demeaning, idiot media. Americans themselves (many) have descended into all of this together. It is a personal choice. There is no reason to have a “Twitter” account and listen to a sociopath grifter scream at you. Enough.

Don’t forget to include Guatemala in your list.

I am so sorry to see a multi-million victim passion play on Easter. Pontius Pilate deported his problem, Jesus, to Herod Antipas of Galilee, who then deported him right back. In the modern case, people who grew up in the local school system are sometimes deported to CIA-installed dictators, who sometimes kill the deportees.

Why is it up to the US to address problems in Puerto Rico? Because the US government invaded, colonized, and maintains Puerto Rico as a colony.

The US government prohibits Puerto Rico from exercising freedom of commerce, freedom to set tax policy, and freedom to control its ports. Additionally, the US has stolen land for its military bases and those of us who complain have been blacklisted, jailed, and, in some cases, assassinated.

My mistake. Sorry.

Unfortunately, when I noticed, it was too late to make an edit.

Not to worry. I knew it was an oversight, but wanted to get it in there. :slight_smile:

Trump is right about the democrats.

The Democrats did not want to tamper with chain migration, which they consider a “deal breaker” in all negotiations. Once legal status is attained, chain migration could essentially allow DACA recipients to sponsor the parent or relative who brought them into the U.S. illegally, making a mockery of the process. Wanting some kind of penalty for violating the law is not an unreasonable request and none of the proposals that penalized the parents were accepted by the democrats. Trump’s main bargaining chip was the “Wall”, which seemed like a sane compromise for allowing 1.8 million people to stay in the U.S. but the democrats wanted more than that.

The democrat’s bull-headed strategy was based on strong support for DACA in national polls, which was stupid because republicans do not answer to the people when their ideology is challenged. Had the democrats been more willing to compromise, Trump would of had an out on his stupid wall and his xenophobic followers would have some solace regarding law and order.

Former Guatemalan president Rios Mont escaped serving a day in prison for genocide today by dying at 91

Thanks, ice, I hadn’t heard that. Makes me wish I believed in hell.

MOST other nations protect their workers by having an “Instant Social Security”
check which means that anyone who isn’t a citizen can be hired for a job.

Our government isn’t dumb – they know what should be done – and they’re
purposefully NOT doing it.

Same as National Health Care –

It’s all for the benefit of large corporations who profit from cheap/frightened labor.

As the Guardian reports: "Israel said it has positioned snipers and responded to ‘rioting’ Palestinians with ‘dispersal means’ and ‘firing towards main instigators.’ It said the movement was a Hamas-orchestrated ploy and it was identifying ‘terror attacks under the camouflage of riots.’"

Israel-based human rights group B’Tselem—which noted that “Israeli forces have already been lethally shooting Palestinian demonstrators in Gaza for some time”—criticized such a characterization of the movement. Sarah Leah Whitson, Middle East and North Africa director at Human Rights Watch, also noted that "Israeli allegations of violence by some protesters do not change the fact that using lethal force is banned by international law except to meet an imminent threat to life."

Yousef Munayyer, executive director of The U.S. Campaign for Palestinian Rights, tweeted that "The Israeli military tweeted they knew ‘where every bullet landed,’ then deleted it, probably because there is video showing their bullets landing in the backs of unarmed protesters."

"Official Israeli statements have made no reference to the actual reason for the protest—the disastrous reality in Gaza—or to the right to free protest. Israel has the power to immediately change life in Gaza for the better," the group added, "but has chosen not to do so. It has made Gaza a huge prison, yet forbids the prisoners even to protest against this, on pain of death."

I can’t find the rest of the poem where it says “Open borders without legal process”.
Perhaps you can publish the rest of the poem for us.

I remember Trump’s bombast about immigration and his saying we should take more immigrants
from places like Norway and Sweden. So let’s call this for what it is, Trump IS RACIST and does not want more Black and Brown people coming into this country. Trump was endorsed in the 2016 presidential race by David Duke and the KKK.

CORRECTION – With apologies …

My post on the “Instant Social Security” check should say …

“which means that anyone who isn’t a citizen CANNOT be hired for a job.”

What can be said about such a deplorable racist scum and his policies/agenda? He has buffaloed politicians, subverted Congress, empowered greed and selling-off America to the highest bidder, is destroying environmental and human health regulations to serve the poison conglomerate, and is an out and out liar, a conformed malignant narcissist nutter, and depraved POS!

trumps “anti-immigrant” ravings are not unlike the racist Israelis & netanyahoo - nutty-yahoo has a wall and trump wants one - a bigger one - both racists and corrupt to the core, and both lacking any shred of decency or moral compass. If trump could he would slaughter Latinos like Israelis do Palestinians - and no doubt there would be support from the usual garbage politicians and talking heads…