Home | About | Donate

Trump's Executive Orders on Crime Foment 'Dark View of Society'

Trump's Executive Orders on Crime Foment 'Dark View of Society'

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Stoking fears of a crackdown on immigrants and civil liberties, President Donald Trump on Thursday signed three executive orders addressing crime.

"A new era of justice begins, and it begins right now," Trump said to conclude prepared remarks at the White House. The orders were signed following Jeff Sessions' swearing-in as U.S. attorney general.

According to McClatchy:

Capitalism has reduced the state until its chief functions are protecting the rich and policing the poor.

Indeed, the problem is self-fulfilling prophecy. When you focus on fearfulness, everything becomes a threat.

The execution orders reflect the demonic demented dominion of the emperor's rotting mind as do every one of his anointees. At least Satan at one time was in the good graces (right arm of the Almighty) until he fell from "grace." Dump has been a demon from the deepest darkest nether regions of Haedes since his arrival on terra firma.

He is the quintessential embodiment of solopsism: Solipsism is sometimes expressed as the view that "I am the only mind which exists," or "My mental states are the only mental states."

Coming soon in your hometown ... Capitalism will reduce the state to the point that its chief function is protecting the rich from the poor.

Haven't we seen this somewhere before in global history?

There will be an event under Trump & Company in the U.S. that will make the law enforcement violence at Tienanmen Square protests (1989) in China look like a birthday party.

The expression of Beauregard's face says that he just filled his diaper....

"I needed money 'Cause I had none, I fought the law and the law won." ... Before we get really tough on crime, wouldn't it be sensible to think about what Jesus might suggest.. How be we put ourselves in the shoes of a criminal for a moment; he has minimal education; he is non white; he is hungry; he is poorly clothed.
What has evaded him all his life is a chance; a chance to make something of himself. If such a person is less than age 35 and many are, why don't we gamble a bit and offer him a chance? I'll bet half of them could be turned into taxpayers in five years.

With or without Jesus' advice, let's do as the FBI analyst suggests (the one quoted in the article) and base our decisions on verifiable (or at least traceable) data.

I'm watching "The First 48," and I can't tell you how often "murderers" took a gun along "just to scare them" or to feel more manly, and got surprised when it went off and killed someone.

Let's give the insurance industry a new project: liability insurance for all those "responsible" gun owners. If the insurance follows the gun, even if it's stolen, there'll be a few fewer guns in circulation for killing with.

Fewer guns in circulation... thus less bullets to let fly. That's logical, as Mr. Spock would say. But to ask residents of the ol' USA to give up their guns even for liability insurance reasons at the current time would be like asking your oil furnace in -30* below weather to use less oil. It jus' ain't gonna happen. People are funny creatures. They tend to do the opposite of what they are asked to do. Maybe if the government passed a law that every American family must possess a variety of at least 50 firearms we might finally have a bit of support for less firearms..... or maybe not.

At first glance this doesn't look to be all that much but since we do not know what the orders entail it is hard to make an intelligent comment. The directives the local police end up with will be what we need to worry about but his decisions give us little hope for a workable and reasoned plan. One thing we can be certain about is the total cooperation of the AG in this. I will say that I hope that the local police maintain the awareness that they still work primarily for the citizens of the cities and towns they work in and that without good solid relations with the people their jobs would be much more difficult.

I don't believe that we have but if you substitute monarchy for capitalistic then yes and it turned out rather badly for the ones in power.

On local/regional levels, they should say that they will comply and then proceed in accordance with the needs of their communities and follow procedures that have worked for them in the past...and being more punitive will not be constructive. Let the AG and the emperor find the funds to oversee each and every police agency nationwide to make sure they are "in compliance" with the execution order. Sessions will begin to expel as many US attorneys as he can with great haste and then just as hastily replace them with the likes of the GWB harridan, Karen Hughes. Perhaps they could exhume J. Edgar to join in the hunt to harass and hang.

Or, to mirror the "dark view of society," many police departments might leap at the opportunity to exert their omnipotence more punitively....

Exactly. This is what happened to Sparta. Spartan's lived in constant fear of the helots, their slaves until one day, the helots did destroy Sparta. In our case, empire began away from our shores and we were kept in a propaganda haze unaware of our government's excess abroad. Slowly but surely, the snake has been eating itself and today, the evils of the American empire are lapping on our own shores.

Nineteen50, you are right. Trump needs to protect the empire from all the enemies laid to waste abroad, hundreds of thousands in Iraq alone. Enemies who look Mexican but are not, so to be sure exclude them all before they exact their revenge.

This is why Syria, with Putin's blessing, has embarked on a systematic purge . . . we'll be doing the same here if Trump is allowed to continue his rampage.

Don't all US attorneys have to be confirmed by the Senate? They don't have time for a purge.

"3-2.120 - Appointment

United States Attorneys are appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate for a four-year term. See 28 U.S.C. Sec. 541. Upon expiration of this term, the United States Attorney continues to perform the duties of the office until a successor is confirmed. United States Attorneys are subject to removal at the will of the President. https://www.justice.gov/usam/usam-3-2000-united-states-attorneys-ausas-special-assistants-and-agac

And there you have it. You can be certain that T-dump will exercise that "will" to the detriment of justice being served throughout our nation.

And what GOP Senator will NOT rubber stamp any US Attorney anointment by the emperor?

Yes Jeff Sessions, we do have a crime problem in America - It is on Wall Street!!!

Look at what's happening already. NPR has done a handy index of who's where in the committee-to-floor slow boat:

Thanks for the link. Running through the chart, it struck me that there is not a scintilla of common decency, compassion, courage of conviction, or altruism to be found among all of them, which is horrifying.

And look at the number of slots that don't even have nominations yet. If "the security of our country is at stake," we know who hasn't put a government together yet, don't we?