Home | About | Donate

Trump's FCC and FTC Chairs Rush in to Defend Big Telco's Assault on Internet Privacy

Trump's FCC and FTC Chairs Rush in to Defend Big Telco's Assault on Internet Privacy

Timothy Karr

It’s hard to defend legislation that undermines internet users’ essential privacy rights. But that hasn’t stopped the broadband industry and its many friends in Washington from trying.

Even amid widespread bipartisan outrage against the congressional resolution Trump signed this week — which rolled back online privacy protections the Obama FCC created in 2016 — Beltway Republicans want you to believe it’s a good idea to let AT&T, Comcast and Verizon follow your every move online.

Is Trump exempted from attacks on his Internet privacy?

Direct Online Democracy

Great video, natureboy!
Wish it had wider distribution.

There is one simple solution that I've been taking--I NEVER, NEVER purchase any product or service advertised while I browse web pages. The ads now are enough to drive any rational human being crazy! I plan to start a writing and calling campaign to those companies that do. If every Internet user did the same we might see a different result.

Turn off Javascript when browsing and you won't see another ad. Most sites will allow you to read most of the articles with javascript turned off, but of course CNN doesn't show you anything when javascript is off. No loss there!

Let's pass it on HC. We will get there.