Home | About | Donate

Trump's 'Immoral' Plan to Allow Coal States to Self-Regulate Could Send 365 Million Tons of Carbon Into Atmosphere

Trump's 'Immoral' Plan to Allow Coal States to Self-Regulate Could Send 365 Million Tons of Carbon Into Atmosphere

Julia Conley, staff writer

Weeks after President Donald Trump moved to keep California from applying its own stringent regulations to auto emissions, White House officials indicated that the president would soon unveil a plan to give several other states the right to self-regulate regarding pollution—but the states in question this time are coal producers, and Trump's proposal is likely to cause an explosion in emission rates as well as a worsening of the climate crisis.

Trump is pushing this country’s patriots to urban terrorism.

Industry that is too cheap to spend enough of their profits to clean up their pollution, shouldn’t exist.

Our people can only take so much before they act to protect their own.

Not exactly on point, but close enough:

How TF in any moral, or even sane, society, is this and so much else not illegal - “relaxing” regulations that will threaten the health and safety of millions to cater to and empower private profits? How can this de facto _dictator_who is ruling by executive fiat, not impeached immediately charged with treason and numerous other crimes!?

This psychopath scumbag ginger pig IS threatening the health and safety of millions in his malignant ego-madness, and that doesn’t immediately cause a serious violent reaction by our entire people and even the complicit BS “representative” government, or the obviously worthless “opposition party” and its craven swine!?

We have entered the time of absolute madness, corruption, and greed, that makes a mockery of even the clearly fraudulent “democracy” touted by the American oligarchy we are supposed to be…

Thank you WO…John Prine is a national treasure who has written and performed, in his inimitable style and voice, some of the finest, most emotional, brilliant songs ever written…Paradise one of my favs, but there are so many from John it is hard to pick and chose…

Immoral it is, but morality can’t be legislated.

“Shouldn’t exist.” Exactly.
THAT we CAN legislate.

The love of money is the root of all evil. And there sure seems to be a lot right-wingers on their way to the evil side of the road. G

What an awesome idea. I wonder if any of the States attorneys have explained to the Governors of those states how the rest of the states have standing to then sue you for polluting their air too. Hope West Virginia and Kentucky have really really large state treasuries or the people who live there don’t mind paying 40% tax to keep the state afloat because the day those plants start spewing is the day those states begin going bankrupt. Everything Trump touches dies.

If by urban terrorism you’re referring to something like Hotel Rwanda only Hotel Deplorable, okey dokey.

Enough! The ecological imperative affects every one of us and all species and all future generations:

https://peoplesclimate.org/actions/sept-8/

Time for total, rolling Gandhian non cooperation to begin in our cities.

Paradise

John Prine

When I was a child my family would travel
Down to Western Kentucky where my parents were born
And there’s a backwards old town that’s often remembered
So many times that my memories are worn

And daddy won’t you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I’m sorry my son, but you’re too late in asking
Mister Peabody’s coal train has hauled it away
Well, sometimes we’d travel right down the Green River
To the abandoned old prison down by Airdrie Hill
Where the air smelled like snakes and we’d shoot with our pistols
But empty pop bottles was all we would kill

Then the coal company came with the world’s largest shovel
And they tortured the timber and stripped all the land
Well, they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken
Then they wrote it all down as the progress of man

Trump is a lost cause and basically is being used by Russia to further its interests and he is also furthering the interests of corporation in complete disregard of public. But more importantly the states need to get rid of their coal burning and soon. Coal burning needs to be phased out over perhaps the next 10-15 years or something like that. It is the single biggest source of greenhouse gases globally. Some states are phasing out coal burning. In New York State the last couple of coal plants are scheduled to be shut down within a couple of years. States have the power to end coal burning and should use that power. It would seem impossible to stay under 2C and still keep burning coal. Shutting down all coal plants should be priority number one along with rapidly increasing wind and solar.

Jerry Brown and the democratic politicians are about to sell out Calif to Warren Buffet and his failing coal plants. And I wonder why this gets so little attention??? This after Calif was held hostage by FERC and the republican elite. The problem for Calif is that it is producing so much renewable energy it has no place to send it. And all the BS continues that we can’t energize the Earth simply by Sun Power???

Gaia seems to be intent on removing a cancer–our species–from Earth System. How else to explain why we now have an idiot as President?!!

Resulting in more of this.

Good luck with that Ponyboi. You guys don’t know how to change a farkin’ tire and you’re telling me you’re down for “urban terrorism”???

HAHAHAHA Oh man, I just passed some lox through my nose.

Has the Koch brothers’ troll farm polluted this forum yet, taking up 70% of the column-inches, trying to tick everybody off?

That’s how you can be sure that your communication is vitally important to the fate of human civilization, when cheapskate billionaires pay real money** to mess with your work.

** they will probably try to rob their actual troll department. The Kochs got caught trying to defraud oil partners in the past, and so they’ll think nothing of defrauding the little people if they can.

Haven’t heard what you are talking about. What do you mean by selling out to Warren Buffet?