Home | About | Donate

Trump's Muslim Ban Is Dangerous and a Distraction

Trump's Muslim Ban Is Dangerous and a Distraction

Suad Abdul Khabeer

On January 27, US President Donald Trump signed an executive order to make good on his promised Muslim Ban. One of the primary provisions of the order is a ban on visas to the US to nationals from seven countries: Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen, which are all Muslim-majority nations.

If anything, Khabeer is too polite and subtle. I tracked down the text of the order (read on cnn.com) and found this in the setup:

[T]he United States must ensure that those admitted to this country do not bear hostile attitudes toward it and its founding principles. The United States cannot, and should not, admit those who do not support the Constitution, or those who would place violent ideologies over American law. In addition, the United States should not admit those who engage in acts of bigotry or hatred....

I submit that, if you substitute for the references to admission to the country language about who leads the country, you get a pretty clear summary of what's wrong with the new executive administration.

Smoke and mirrors have been used by republicans for decades plus outright lying liars. Dem party have not addressed any of the gerrymandering, Alec, lies and liars and accountability. Oh yes, we kind of hear a little something once in awhile but they would rather focus on the boogieman Russia than the enemy within this country who if they look at themselves they've become also.

Trump is also in charge of weapons of mass destruction here in ze homeland. I have a feeling it's going to get pretty ugly when they pull the DHS guns out to take care of dissenters. They've been building up quite the stockpile since its inception.