Home | About | Donate

Trump's Public Charge Plan Punishes Legal Immigrants for America's Existing Income Inequality

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/08/14/trumps-public-charge-plan-punishes-legal-immigrants-americas-existing-income

DN! today takes a look at Honduras. The scenario is devastating. Can we say “Monroe Doctrine”?

1 Like

I usggest everyone read this . It is very apparent who the “illegals” really are and it the Corrupt US and Honduran Governments.

" The regulation, set to take effect in October, is aimed at hundreds of thousands of immigrants who enter the country legally every year and then apply to become permanent residents. "

There is no way to enter the country legally and then apply for permanent residency. Unless you are on some kind of work visa and the employer sponsors you for a green card. Those people usually work in well paying jobs and are not affected by this new rule.

" This racist policy will have immediate, dire humanitarian effects, "

Why racist? Will it be applied differently to say a white immigrant from Poland and vs a black one from Kenya?

Just for comparison, Canada does allow anyone to apply for landed immigrant status from anywhere in the world. A certain number of points is assigned to you based on age, knowledge of English and French, education, age, health etc. You get enough points you get to immigrate to Canada. You will have to provide proof in the form of cash, check, bank acct or whatever that you can sustain yourself (and your family if they come along) for at least 6 months, i think they ask for about $15k canadian. You are also supposed to purchase health insurance as the “free” one only kicks in after a few months (I forget whether 3 or 6) of presence in Canada.

1 Like

So one has to make the median income in the US? Next they will expel citizens who don’t make the median income. And then they will continue along this vein until only Trump is left in the country. Great idea.