Home | About | Donate

Trump's Shutdown Is a Historic Opportunity for Real Change

Trump's Shutdown Is a Historic Opportunity for Real Change

Rachel Gilmer

This week, the White House Council of Economic Advisers doubled its estimate of how much the shutdown - the longest in US history - will cost the economy. Others are warning that it could push the US towards a recession. Families across the country are scrambling to feed their children, keep their homes, and pay for expensive medications.

2 Likes

US representative democracy was designed to represent capital. It works as designed.

Democrats and republicans are business partners in a corporation that runs the presidential debates.

Ds & Rs in service to the pentagon want to build up the Ukrainian navy and build a base in Brasil. It is not clear if proposed cuts in medicare and social security are sufficient to cover these costs.

Therefor the united states cannot have high speed rail travel like modern China. Schools cannot be repaired.

Blame it all on Trump, Obama and Bush.

1 Like

We need to speak truth to power

And to the powerless

1 Like

Thank you, Rachel Gilmer and CD. It’s nice to see a well done criticism of Donald Trump.

I am persistently amazed at how often I have to go back to Bloom County in the 1980s to find one.

1 Like

While people are philosophizing , over 800000 fed workers have not been paid. So, this is nonsense.

1 Like

The Trumpetts had the House.
The Trumpetts had the Senate.
The Trumpetts had the Presidency.

Instead of building the wall or repealing Obamacare, the Trumpetts gave Kevin Spacey another tax cut.

1 Like

Trump is holding the men and women who work for him as hostages to extort compliance with his poorly thought out demands. The buck stops here. We have no need for two right wing parties.

1 Like

I think Bernie can knock the chip off Trump’s God ego. Google, the hulk, puny God.

1 Like

Begin by adopting Gross National Happiness like Bhutan.

1 Like

Google “Hulk, puny God.”
I know, that’s no way to treat a president. Except this one.

1 Like

Sorry, this should have been to self, not natureboy

1 Like

These people work for us for the country not for him! Stop letting him believe that they work for his businesses.