Home | About | Donate

Trump's Taxes Must be Released Before Tax Reform

Trump's Taxes Must be Released Before Tax Reform

Norman Eisen, Richard Painter

Many of us will fork over up to a third of our income to pay federal taxes this year and as much as half of our income in federal, state and local taxes combined.

We only ask a few things in return.

If anybody here has read Jane Mayers book, Dark Money, the super rich absolutely hate paying any taxes at all, and wold rather pay lawyers to find ways to avoid them, than pay a single dollar to the government.

Trump will do anything to have his tax returns revealed.

Hopefully, he will reach his expiration date and be retired to the ground, before he kills us all with 'His'
Military.

"Many of us will fork over up to a third of our income to pay federal taxes this year and as much as half of our income in federal, state and local taxes combined."

I call BS on that. I personally never paid more than 12-13% total tax. About half of us don't pay any fed tax at all.

"First, a government that spends our money wisely and does not succumb to government contractors and others who use campaign contributions and lobbyists to get a portion of our money that they should not have"

In a direct democracy, informed taxpayers might earmark where portions of their taxes would go.

Well, according to Maddow Trump paid 32 million in taxes in 2005. I would imagine tthis is another dead horse for democrats as ,no matter what he paid, top democrats paid less.

I thought that all candidates had to release their tax returns, at least that used to be required, if I recall correctly.
But then, I also thought that a Cabinet nominee (i.e., Sessions) who perjures him/herself during confirmation hearings would then not be allowed to take office.
Silly me.