Home | About | Donate

Trump's Threats Seen As Declaration of War by North Korea

Trump's Threats Seen As Declaration of War by North Korea

Julia Conley, staff writer

President Donald Trump's increasingly aggressive rhetoric on Kim Jong-un's nuclear program has been perceived as a declaration of war by North Korea's foreign minister, who said Monday that the country is prepared to defend itself if Trump follows through with what appeared to be threats of a regime change via his Twitter account over the weekend.

Jeeeze, this guy is DANGEROUS

Impeach, Impeach, Impeach NOW

This has me more frightened than anything before. That the US flew B1s into DPRK airspace, and the foreign minister specifically claimed the right to shoot down such bombers before they reach the land, this could be the spark to the hottest of wars. I weep with my Korean friends.

Let’s hope that the North Koreans keep their heads, cool off, and ignore the bloviating buffoon’s BS…laughing at his hubris and thumbing their noses at him. It is the sane thing to do and Kim Jong Un would be seen in an entirely different, positive light while DJT self- destructs.

Corporate media’s wholehearted concurrence with Trump’s “Kim as Crazy Rocket Man” meme has the potential to bring the world to the brink of nuclear Armageddon, even as they’re embarrasingly silent on the subject of Trump’s own mental stability.

The obvious solution—US invites North and South to sign the treaty formally ending war on the Korean Peninsula—is studiously avoided by Ambassador Haley, who, we must assume, is “only following orders.” Why???

(answering his own question: because this administration, more than any in recent memory, desperately needs a distraction.)

Unfortunately, the undivided Korean peninsula’s experience of colonialization and the historic place of honor in Korean culture make this unlikely. They really are the wronged party, and while I too hope they restrain, it’s not for them to ‘laugh it off.’

What treaty would that be? I know of none on the table.

How can a treaty end a “war on the Korean Peninsula” that was NEVER declared ?

Congress has not declared war anywhere since 1941 and the Korean conflict started in 1950.

“Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before stumbling.” (Proverbs 16:18)

Proverbs 17:19
"He who loves transgression loves strife; He who raises his door seeks destruction."

“Honor” did not serve Hirohito and the Japanese that well towards the end of their hegemony in the Pacific…Hiroshima and Nagasaki proved that.

Problem is it feels like 2 gangbangers calling each other out

Those usually don’t end well

I would claim that the current and most dangerous situation that we now face in North Korea, goes back to 1950 when Congress abdicated their Constitutional authority and responsibility to declare wars by calling the war in Korea " A POLICE ACTION", ever since, America has been a military dictatorship. War after war after wars. Endless wars! With no end in sight. Now it has it seems to me, our wanna be dictator has put the U.S. on the eve of nuclear confrontation with North Korea.

We need to remove our wanna be dictator before it is too late; otherwise he could end up killing us all!

Sorry for any confusion resulting from my use of the definite pronoun. You’re correct, I should have typed, “a” instead of “the.”

Sorry for any confusion resulting from my use of the word “war.” I should have typed “hostilities.”

Well, most of the book of Proverbs is quite conventional wisdom, and therefore has little to teach. Give me the Wisdom (personified) passages that countervene the rest.

Yeah, but the thing is that the US was the dishonorable party in detonating the first nukes in war. Note that the Imperial monarchy persists in Japan, and is beloved if no longer making the governmental decisions. Hasn’t djt said something about wanting to allow Japan to rearm so we aren’t responsible for all “military options” in their region? I don’t think the Japanese people want that kind of honor; I know the Koreans don’t. Our destruction of Japan’s control of Korea, which didn’t until recently do anything to tarnish their honor, was supposed to free Korea to exercise its long-lost sovereignty. Both ends of the peninsula are still grasping for that, in one way or another.

Well, see, that’s the challenge. If the parties haven’t managed to come up with one in all of my lifetime (literally), what suggests they might be able to with their pants open and their organs wagging in each other’s faces? The US took the right to negotiate away from “our” Korea even earlier, when we drew the line at the 38th and gave the North to the USSR and China to figure out. We caused the war, and we have perpetuated it. Now our executive is escalating it.

“…has little to teach…?” Conventional wisdom bypassed the tyrant and his cabinet full of flying monkeys, which is why we are in the current miasma of misery. Were they to embrace and/or apply any kind of wisdom (here and abroad), we would not be facing nuclear warfare.

Any general who facilitates that sick psychopath’s warmongering is every bit as guilty as Trump. I am constantly amazed at the willingness of people-- who are supposedly in full possession of their faculties- to become complicit in acts they KNOW to be criminal, unconstitutional, or just plain idiotic. There is an argument to be made that to unilaterally declare war against N Korea, as an act that could terminate all life on earth, is inherently unlawful as it would deprive US citizens (along with everyone else) of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Then those generals have a duty to disobey, not to mindlessly follow an insane fool over the cliff.

Trouble is, they rely too much on conventional wisdom. The father who teaches his son in Proverbs sounds very much like djt’s daddy, the slum lord.

Depends on what version of the bible what and how words of wisdom are spouted. As a lifelong bibliophile, have never read the bible (written by men and it shows) short of having to read the Oxford Annotated Old and New Testaments for a required University class wherein the texts were associated with the history, geography, and demography at time of writing and discovery thereof. Making it much more interesting and palatable.

I’ve done a good bit of that contextual study, and try to keep it somewhat up to date. I’ve also taken the 2-semester Hebrew course (in 8 weeks in summer) that Presbyterian ministers have to pass (I leave the Greek to them and rely on lexicons). But I’ll admit I’ve never managed to gag all the way through Proverbs. I have preached on the Wisdom verses, and I believe that was when I came across the consensus that the rest is pretty easy to ignore.

And we’re veering way off topic. Let’s get back to Korea.