Home | About | Donate

Trump's Use of Pentagon Cash to Prop Up Scottish Resort Latest Example of Why He 'Must Be Impeached': AOC

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/07/trumps-use-pentagon-cash-prop-scottish-resort-latest-example-why-he-must-be

2 Likes

The Government Accounting Office must be instructed to collect all profits Trump has made illegally in his time in office, and when his time in office ends, either through Impeachment, loss in election, or death, he or his heirs are forced to pay back those monies.

17 Likes

I can post …all of these types of articles on my fb feed…but. thise who k ow me perso ally …who are Rump supporters… do not make any reaction…used to be that they would push back. They hardly respond to ANY of my articles…on this issue or climatea… etc. But if I happen to post something a out my grandchild irdaughters. I get like 10- 20 positive responses. …sssooo…why is it…they pay no asttention…to …other realities???

4 Likes

The reasons for impeachment keep piling up like cars on an icebound freeway, but the reality confronting us is the one-two punch of Pelosi and McConnell’s self-interested obstructionism—none of which is to say that the case shouldn’t be made for the record.

22 Likes

So Pence recently goes to peaceful Iceland with protection of a division of soldiers (sl exag), snipers, fighter planes and personal bodyguards, it is obvious both sides of aisle realize Trump is losing it, and powers that be are protecting and preparing Pence for ascendency. Or just maybe paranoid Pence is carrying a secret message from on-high. Or both!

8 Likes

The fascist freak in the WH seems to go to the Pentagon for cash often lately. For reasons that are much more despicable than his effing resorts:

6 Likes

Sorry, AOC. Chucky and Nancy won’t allow that to happen.

12 Likes

The do nothing democrats with Pelosi has their leader is complicit in this corruption.

Who do we the people trust? Very few democrats. I trust Jeff Merkley but have doubts with Ron Wyden, Earl Blumenuar, and other house members from Oregon. What about other states with dem so called leaders of the party and house representatives.

6 Likes

But I hear no new wall has been built? old walls fixed or reconstructed. Where is all these funds going?

5 Likes

Because those realities are inconvenient and depressing.

2 Likes

This five time bankrupt son of a bitch is a thoroughly corrupt, inept and unfit for the office of the POTUS. The Russia thing was a diversion to cover up his Israeli mob connection and elections meddling.

5 Likes

The GOP is now close to stacking federal courts with fascist judges to the extent that the courts will be the defacto legislative body. Once that happens the GOP no longer needs Trump to distract us…he will be thrown under the bus so Pence can expedite the final push to the neofeudal theocracy the GOP has only been able to dream about up until now.

In November 2020 the GOP will declare a national emergency to cancel the election, effectively making whoever is sitting in the oval office a full scale dictator.

8 Likes

I think the show of force by pence team was a prelude to things to come. Iceland might very well be considered a staging base for US military’s north pole and greenland resource exploitation.

3 Likes

I have been following this trend by the GOP for decades now. It goes hand and hand with public schools privitization, appointing corporate criminals to federal posts, vote rigging, gerrymandering and redistricting.

6 Likes

Drum roll please…

AOC: " The President is corrupt and must be impeached".
The majority of Americans agree with you AOC But the question is: Will Trump ever be impeached as long as Pelosi, who is just as corrupt, keeps making excuses! So corrupt that a war criminal like Bush, the dim son, was exonerated by her when she said: “IMPEACHMENT ( OF BUSH ) IS OFF THE TABLE.”

8 Likes

Even the TV pundits and other commenters are beginning to shame the dems for sitting on their hands while America wonders if trump actually has to shoot someone on 5th Ave. to receive any punishments.

6 Likes

Gotta have something to do ya know. Since we are vacating five military bases in Afghanistan and GIVING them to the Afghans, we have to get involved in anything but infrastructure at home.
Of course people who never drive themselves wouldn’t know how many holes there are in Albert Hall Ave. “Fixing a hole”

3 Likes

We’re seeing that right now. Many a republican has already announced their “retirement” from public life, with many more to follow in the wake of the 2020 election cycle.
The truth is that the foundation is laid. The damage is done. The Koch brothers network, an anarchist organization that is larger and more influential than the either of the major parties. Has spent hundreds of millions in a decades long plan to undercut public institutions and privatize all government services. Now that the entire federal judiciary are there to turn back any public challenge to the fleecing of government coffers, their enablers can now “cash out” with the knowledge that they have completed the Oligarchies dream, and they can now retire to a quiet corner of the world while the collapse of the USA occurs in earnest.
Like global warming, the Koch brothers vision of a “Mad Max” America is now baked into the pie. I’m currently 56 years old. By the time I’m 80 ( if I get there) the America we know will no longer exist. It will at best be a region of Balkanized fiefdoms, some good, most horrible. All trying to survive in a world ravaged by unpredictable weather extremes.
Good times ahead.

7 Likes

Good idea, but I would argue never going to happen unless a lien is put on all of Trumps assets until the GAO is reimbursed.

4 Likes