Home | About | Donate

Turning Back on Climate Summit, Trump Hosts 'Religious Freedom' Session at UN

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/23/turning-back-climate-summit-trump-hosts-religious-freedom-session-un

The term “religious freedom” is an oxymoron.

13 Likes

Translation: Religious freedom gives Trump the license to be A CLIMATE VILLAIN!

2 Likes

let me guess… china, russia, and saudi arabia were also in attendance at this “religious freedom” conference?

1 Like

As Trump Yoda would say: “Youth Matters Not, Only Wealth.”

1 Like

As far as Trump concerned relgious freedom amounts to “being free to be of any religion one chooses as long as it Christian”.

Is this not the guy who wants to bar Muslims from migrating?

3 Likes

Of course, Trump, the newest avatar of American Christianity, “a chosen one” by the one and only God, is there to defend the domination of society and politics by this extremist ideology. Since he is the chosen one, we must obey without question.

The ‘freedom’ Trump seeks is to maintain undemocratic control, coercion by its real name, and, shut down those who accurately criticize the corruptions of the religion-captured governance (please watch The Family on netflix). Once again, he demonstrates his neonatal level of language comprehension and the nihilism of his political philosophy. He is a very dangerous individual and ‘leader’, supported by many very dangerous, authoritarian people.

2 Likes

Please notice that America has drafted millions of young men and sent them everywhere to battle evil villains and provide freedoms to formerly oppressed peoples.

And the multi-generational struggle against ‘totalianism’ and pro religions has us 22 trillion dollars in the red.

Every baby born has to plunk down $65,671.64 just to begin here!!

Heck, I would gladly host a pro freedom of religion seminar. It was short because trump has a short attention span. He did poke on into the climate discussion so he can say he was there. I have attended UN session that was important, but not to the worlds representatives. Ho-Hum, yawn.

1 Like

WARNING: foul language ahead…Fuck Trump!

4 Likes

If we all fry in our homes and on the sidewalks, it must be the will of God. Same with murder and destruction, if WE do it, it must be OK with God. The summit must be for asking permission to tell another 10,000 lies, and to continue droning human beings.

2 Likes

Trump has only a single redeeming human quality - one day, like us all, he will be dead. Other than that…

4 Likes

I guess willful ignorance is a kind of freedom. I guess.

2 Likes

Newest, and, if I may say so, the most iconic.

2 Likes

Religion is like a penis. You don’t pull it out in public and you shouldn’t force it down anyone’s throat.

2 Likes

csdickey tweet sez:
"Trump is skipping the UN’s Climate Change Summit to host a panel on ‘religious persecution.’”

Based upon the “host’s” specific expertise, I’m guessing this will take the form of a how-to demonstration.

1 Like

The planet is NOT “God’s gift.”

1 Like

The UN Climate Sessions are better off without Trump - his spectacle, his idiocy, and his disruption.

1 Like

The more things Trump refrains from being involved in, the better. He is at best, an unnecessary distraction, and at worst a spoiler for the rest of the world having an intelligent conversation.

1 Like

I’m not touching this one.

1 Like

Who is trump kidding? He is his own God and his own religion. Anything else he tells us is just another lie.

I thought I would slip this thought in here. The republicans on the hill are described as out to lunch, blind fools, but in reality, most of them are trunk-to-tail with trump’s ideology.

2 Likes