Home | About | Donate

'Two $1 Trillion Coins': Rashida Tlaib Proposal Calls on US Treasury to Fund Coronavirus Recovery From US Mint

I’m not going to argue with you, because you “know” too many things with too much “certainty” that you are unable even to imagine that some of what you know is false.

" It is better to know nothing than to know what ain’t so."

Proverb , Josh Billings (Henry Wheeler Shaw), 1818-1885

I AM curious as to where you get your information. I get mine from more than a decade of formal study of mainstream economics (of which a good many practitioners agree with your claims), including two graduate degrees, followed by two decades of study of why it is a pseudo-science similar to “Creation Science.” I stumbled into it by accident, and kept taking more classes because my background is “STEM” (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), in which fields you can lose several fingers–or at least your job–if you get it wrong. In mainstream economics, the more wrong you get it, the more the One Percent love you and the more they pay you.

Fortunately for humankind, more realistic approaches to the study of power and livelihoods are on the rise, the classical dogmas are on the decline (have you ever seen the word “dogma” associated with science, which is “anti-dogma”?), and people are coming to realize that the Emperor (sic) is naked as a jaybird.

Yes, that comment by DGS reminds me: The work you do here educating the public about basic economics–both the 3-10 percent most any astute ten-year-old knows (they’re in short supply) and the 90-97 percent that is dubious at best, bogus at worst, is an invaluable public good, now more than ever. I salute you.