Home | About | Donate

Two Right-Wing Democrats Join Republicans in Asking Supreme Court to Consider Overturning Roe v. Wade

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/01/02/two-right-wing-democrats-join-republicans-asking-supreme-court-consider-overturning

1 Like

I don’t have much of an opinion of Lipinski…I don’t really want to get involved in another district’s primary, especially one that is thousands of miles from me…I respect those voters’ right to find a representative they think will serve them well in Congress.

However…I will say that this move feels kinda like a high school principle volunteering to be the guy on the trap door seat of the dunk tank at the homecoming fair. And I think Dan is going to get dunked in 2020, lol.

1 Like

These are “White Supremacist Thugs” who should be in the GOP –

and I very much hope that the public decides to protect women – their mothers, their
sisters, their aunts, their girl friends, their own wives – and to overturn this religious insanity
which has been promoted by the few right wingers who continue to do such fatal damage to
our nation.

3 Likes

“Right-Wing Democrats”

Well, that’s redundant.

6 Likes

There is no Democratic majority in either the House or Senate without lots of Blue Dogs.
There will never be progressive legislation passed without Blue Dogs watering it down.
How bad is it? In 2010, 34 blue dogs voted against RomneyCare even AFTER watering it down.
Because it was still too liberal, FFS.

4 Likes

Hoyer evidently is still collecting right wing Dems and funding them … every time
he gets a chance. In fact, he seems to have so much campaign money from all
the fascist corporations and is so sure of winning in his area that he seems to be
supporting these right wing Dems with his campaign chest.

And, Rahm Emmanuel was doing that full time when he was Obama’s #1 in White House.

2 Likes

The Democrats can never be effective beyond promoting meaningless half measures. After all, only a watered down compromise can come out of negotiations that would feature Sanders and Manchin. Thus, “the art of the possible” translates into “the art of whistling past the impossible to arrive at the useless.”

It’s a structurally baked in feature of our system. This is why the 2-party system is a farce.

2 Likes

Anti-abortion is:

• pro-gestation slavery
  • pro forcing women to endure the pain and potential mortality of birthing a fetus
  • pro creating unwanted children born to suffer
  • pro contributing to human overpopulation that is killing the biosphere
  • pro the taking away of body autonomy
    These arrogant blue-dog “Democrats” are enemies of FDR democrats, women, society and the biosphere.
3 Likes

Here we go - again!!
Election year nonsense.
Wade cannot be withdrawn because there is a preceding Supreme Court decision that::
“A ladies health decisions are between herself and her physician.”

This is the basic, root, cement footer that allowed court to determine for Roe/Wade.

1 Like

Well another good day for DNC since they’re one got them elected.

Hmmmm—so in cases of rape----a woman has to endure the rape and then a reminder of that rape everyday for the next 9 months. I think not.To take over a woman’s body is slavery.
However, if this passes, what a banner day for men who want to rape and have dozens of descendants–but no responsibility. Oh and what’s after that? Turning into India and having raped women hung or set on fire?
.Even more horrible is the revenge that some will take on the daughters of those politicians who vote to overturn Roe V Wade. It is very possible that those with daughters, like Kavanaugh, will need to watch over their daughters 24/7/ Although, of course, if those girls were raped, I’m sure that no one would know of it. Yes, this is America, where money and position can buy anything. Hypocrisy always brings a good price. : (

5 Likes

In broad strokes we are turning into a fascist state. As things continue to get more repressive, a loss of all the civil rights paid for in blood in the 50’s & 60’s, the oppressive state continues to wield unchecked power in ever more repressive systems of control. And that my friends is fascist. Certain theory states that when a capitalist state is faltering, fascist type control further restrict civil freedoms which we are now witnessing in real time. Besides, what gives men the right to subject women to fascist restrictions on her soverign body? These men should be shot. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

1 Like

Or they are real hypocrites and will whisk their daughters away on private jets to places that offer abortions.

3 Likes

As a man I feel uniquely qualified to say this:

No man has any right to make a judgment and certainly not make any laws that restrict a woman’s choices regarding her body and the choice to bring a baby into the world Period.

6 Likes

This might be better news than most here think, not the act of trying to get the law overturned, but the desperate way they are going about it. I see it as a last ditch effort by the rupugs and the religious right to grab their brass ring (ending abortion), because they know their rein of power is over and they are on their way out the door.

2 Likes

I hate to break it to you, but legal precedent means nothing if justices (sic!) decide to reinterpret the law and declare that their predecessors’ interpretations were wrong. And the law can always be reinterpreted. When I was in law school a common exercise was having to find a legal argument for any proposition that was put before us, and then be prepared to argue the opposite conclusion. Roe is hanging by the thin thread of one man’s opinion on the subject.

3 Likes

I agree.
However, there was a hue and cry that the supreme court has five catholics and will overturn.
Court had five catholics previously and they did not overturn, so that argument is spurious.

I have no idea how such an honest and simple ruling regarding a ladies right to her health care decisions could be overturned in USA. Lottsa impeachments would quickly follow against the justices who could find a option to stifle abortions.

Please be everlasting happy that I am not legal !! But have been taught to write policy that can be interpreted to fit the changing business situations.

Ok, all of you ass hats that said Hillary woulda been worse can just shut the actual phuck up, cuz this shyte would NOT have happened on her watch.
(and I do not really like HRC, to clarify btw)
Collin Peterson needs to be primaried tout suite, Lipinski too.

1 Like

It’s Women, not ladies, dude.
Roe v Wade was based on a previous case that was about privacy and our right to it.
The talievangelical right has made no secret that a ruling banning abortion is their sole goal in politics.
This Supreme Court is in winger dinger territory with the addition of that jerky little Kavanaugh ass.

1 Like

Applause to Julia Conley and to CD for phrase Right-Wing Democrats and for the acknowledgement therein.

1 Like