Home | About | Donate

U.S. Relations with Pakistan Hit Rock Bottom With Trump’s Tweets

U.S. Relations with Pakistan Hit Rock Bottom With Trump’s Tweets

Ann Wright

After I wrote the following story about my trip to Pakistan ten days ago, President Trump began tweeting about Pakistan’s lack of effort in the war on terror which triggered a tweet storm with new Pakistani Prime Minister Iran Khan. Trump told Fox News on Sunday, November 18 that Pakistan should have revealed that Osama bin Ladin was “living in Pakistan in what I guess they considered a nice mansion, right next to the military academy. Everybody in Pakistan knew he was there.

2 Likes

Interesting article but I beg to differ: No part of Trump’s hamfisted foreign policy has reached rock bottom.

2 Likes

No doubt

1 Like

Narcissistic foreign policy. Ham fisted is a blunder, narcissistic is worse.

2 Likes

The key takeaway here is that for years the US has paid Pakistan’s rulers to abuse its citizenry. And, for whatever reason and whatever Mister Trump might be thinking, the US has ceased to do so.

Would the US were to pay reparations, and pay them as such, without stipulations. Would Trump were to say something to support the improvements in Kahn’s policies, possibly even acknowledge the recent horror of the country’s ties to American policy. But offensive tweets are not assassins nor drones to kill Pakistanis.

That was the “normal” US-Pakistan relationship of recent administrations. Were these to cease altogether, they might thereby reach a long-time high. Of course, that’s probably a lot to hope for.

1 Like

Trump? Understanding and knowing the right thing to do on the stage of world events? I choke. He’s a selfish, me-first no-empathy disease in the world. What’s needed is so far outside his nature that we will be lucky to survive his tenure. Either that or the world is so far removed from my nature that I will not survive.

1 Like

When asked for comment, one Taliban official replied, “Woo Hoo!”
Thanks, President Stupid.

I never understood why some people are scared of Russia’s nukes when Pakistan could do the same thing.