Home | About | Donate

UK Speaker: Trump Won't Address House of Commons on My Watch

UK Speaker: Trump Won't Address House of Commons on My Watch

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

The Speaker of the U.K.'s House of Commons on Monday vowed to block President Donald Trump from addressing the chamber during his state visit, a remark that drew spontaneous cheering and applause from members of Parliament (MPs).

'I feel very strongly that our opposition to racism and to sexism and our support for equality before the law and an independent judiciary are important considerations in the House of Commons'...WRONG...wrong...aaannnddd, wrong. I guess this dude didn't meet Thatcher or realize he lives in Monarchy. Rubbish!

Monarchy the UK may be, but it seems that the British Parliament still has some decency.

As for the Monarchy, at least the British Heads of State have good manners and an education. It comes with the job.

Cry for America and welcome the new superpower: China

The Pentagon is the only pillar left to support our international influence which has sunk some time ago, while we were not looking.

Our Dollar is rapidly crumbling as the world's reserve currency, and China has long ago passed us in terms of international economic clout.
See: http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2...
That article is about its influence in Eurasia. As is the AIIB in direct opposition to the US dominated IMF, which almost all of our allies have joined.
China is also active in Infrastructure projects in 36 sub-Saharan countries in Africa, through loans, and outright grants. It is also building High Speed Rail projects there and in Latin America, leaving North America and the Antarctica the only continents without it.
And now Trump is busy exacerbating our downward spiral:
Der Spiegel, Germany's leading news magazine, calls for Germany building up defenses, together with the rest of Europe, Asia and Africa against Trump's America.
See: http://www.spiegel.de/internat...

There is some doubt that this guy is entirely honest, as reported in at least one leading UK national. 'In July 2015 Bercow was (again) criticised for the amount of his expenses, including a claim of £172 for a 0.7 mile chauffeur-driven journey. Andy Silvester, campaign director at the UK TaxPayers' Alliance, said: "This is an obscene waste of money and shows appalling judgment from whoever made the arrangements." '.
He is also known as a turncoat, constantly flirting with the idea of a move from the Conservatives to the Labour party. Just view the newsreel of him condemning Donald Trump, to warm applause and cheers from the Labour and SNP benches, egged on by all that remains of the Liberal party. It just shows you can always get a drummer to sell rubbish to Joe Public, whichever country you look at!

Well spoken, Speaker. As a matter of solidarity, this 'so-called' president, will not be invited to my house either.

LOL, agreed

Trump isn't even fit to give a State of the Union speech in front of congress.