Home | About | Donate

UN Experts Condemn Trump's Pardon of Blackwater Contractors as 'Affront to Justice'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/30/un-experts-condemn-trumps-pardon-blackwater-contractors-affront-justice

5 Likes

Unfortunately as horrible as it is, this is not an anomaly it is the normal.

" Washington does not accept law, neither domestic or international as a constraint on its actions. In its claims, Washington surpasses those of the Third Reich." Paul Craig Roberts.

12 Likes

If they were indicted in the International Criminal Court they at lease would be in a position that they not dare leave the US.

1 Like

His actions are an affront to justice. His being is an affront to humanity.

16 Likes

Yes PonyBoy, but Trump is not scary to me it is his followers of over 70 million ditto heads, ( including many of my relatives, who still believe the election was stolen from Trump) that is what is terrifying!

16 Likes

“We like killing brown people.”
–The Late Great George Carlin

9 Likes

Watching the 2017 Mark Felt (aka Deep Throat) movie yesterday that detailed the Nixon regime’s reaction to the FBI investigating the Watergate break-in reconfirmed that the organized crime syndicate disguised as the GOP has been “an affront to justice” for at least the past half century.

Unless Biden’s highest priority is for his DOJ to start prosecuting Trump, his appointees, and other enablers on January 21 there soon won’t be any justice to “affront”…period.

12 Likes

I can answer that for you…IT WON’T!

Absolutely so.

3 Likes

Here is a little insight what are “soldiers” did in Bush’s war in Iraq. I am not sure if this guy Bales was ever pardoned. Americans NEVER are aware of the brutal facts because the media whitewashes our penchant for sadistic havoc. War is the ultimate crime in which the real victims are civilians.

~https://www.military.com/daily-news/opinions/2020/12/08/i-prosecuted-robert-bales-he-should-never-receive-pardon-jay-morse.html

8 Likes

In fact, if not in name, Biden is a member in very good standing of the GOP. That’s his definition of bipartisan: he belongs to one party and wears the other party’s T shirts. Biden’s goals and priorities are those of the GOP. They always have been.

Remember that Obama claimed to be a Progressive and selected Biden as running mate to balance the ticket by attracting conservative Democrats. Biden will always defer to GOP concerns; he will always ignore progressive ones.

3 Likes

I have watched the first forty five minutes of “Mark Felt”.

Looks like I will have to rent the movie to see the rest.

So far I like it, but I wonder, where was the FBI when JFK was taken out ?

“Blackwater’s Youngest Victim”: 9-Year-Old Ali Kinani Was Among Victims of...

President Trump’s pardon of four former Blackwater contractors convicted for their role in a massacre in Baghdad has sparked outrage in Iraq. The Blackwater guards include Nicholas Slatten, who was sentenced to life in prison after being convicted of…

~https://www.democracynow.org/2020/12/29/blackwater_nisour_square_massacre_2007

7 Likes

It’s damn near impossible to fix a racist. I have known quite a few in my years. Only time has any effect. Their end of time, that is. It’s unfortunate many raise children that prolong our hateful, racist heritage.

It doesn’t have to be that way, but hate breeds hate.

2 Likes

The terrorist in the photo attached to this article bears physiographic features similar to those of victims of fetal alcohol syndrome.

1 Like

They were busy covering for the grassy knoll guys and planning RFK’s murder. Seriously though, J Edgar Hoover hated the Kennedys, so I’m sure there were high-fives all around when JFK was assassinated.

BTW, here is a link to a tv series about Hoover and the Kennedys. Haven’t watched it yet, but plan to:
~ttps://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093208/

2 Likes

I’ve got John Brennan’s “Undaunted” to read, and I will now order Mark Felt’s book.

Somehow we will piece together what happened.

Lyndon Johnson was no fan of JFK or Bobby either.

And I have yet to hear a single word from the Pentagon muckie-mucks on either of the brothers.

In his autobiography, Colin Powel did say that even as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, he was scared of the intelligence community, referring to them as ‘the spooks’.

1 Like

Thank you for a very important link.

2 Likes

All Americans who invade and murder under the guise of “promoting democracy” are guilty of war crimes.

6 Likes

Very true! I think Gandhi may have said it best in the analogy that only the heat of love can melt the ice of hate.