Home | About | Donate

'Unacceptable': Dems Fume After Trump Announces Plan to Refuse Congressional Oversight of Corporate Bailout Funds

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/28/unacceptable-dems-fume-after-trump-announces-plan-refuse-congressional-oversight

2 Likes

So shocked, astonished, surprised (where´s my thesaurus?) . . . and so forth. I mean, who´d a thunk?

38 Likes

Asking for a friend: how many times are we supposed to ASSume that the DIMS are there to help us when they keep giving the Giant Orange Turd everything he wants? WHAT the EFF did you expect and cut out the impassioned ‘OH NO’ proclamations! IT reeks. Screwed yet again.

34 Likes

Doubt it will be any corporate Dems. And certainly not the ‘presumptive’ nominee Joey Lazy Eyes.

21 Likes

Hey, CommonDreams, how about this for a headline:

“Unacceptable: CommonDreams runs a ton of articles in the past three days–none are about Tara Reade being raped by Joe Biden.”

Yes, I’m willing to risk being banned (again) from this website for criticizing it for helping to cover up a rape just because it involves the Dem candidate it will soon insist we all get behind.

31 Likes

“Dems fume” JHFC all these worthless conservative democrats do is rubber stamp whatever the republicans put in front of them. Democrats refused to enforce subpoenas and the republicans understand the house of representatives’ is toothless and no longer a coequal branch of government and will punk these dino’s to death. The entire lot of leadership in America has failed us at the most critical moment of this nations history.

28 Likes

Seriously?

You’re on the wrong web site if you’re looking for Dem lovers here.

5 Likes

When Thomas Jefferson said: THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE WATERED AT TIMES WITH THE BLOOD OF TYRANTS, he was talking about the four people in the above PICTURE!

15 Likes

Of Course Nancy, Chuck and their half of the duopoly cabal were very surprised by this…

In the words of Condi Rice:
…No one could have ever imagined…

17 Likes

Oh, so he OVERRODE the bill from Congress? What, does the Emperor even need Congress to pass anything, can’t he just dictate all policies in this country? But as other posters have said, what we can expect from the Dems is a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing. Most of them are okay with Mnuchin handing billions of taxpayer funds to his pals, so loaded they can barely walk, like ticks the size of eggs, at risk of bursting.

12 Likes

What did they expect?

3 Likes

REMEMBER THE PRIMARY?

COmpletely off the radar now… huh.,

Just got this from Our Revolution:

Joe Biden is refusing to debate Bernie
COVID-19 is impacting every aspect of our health care and economic systems.

Despite this, Joe Biden is now saying he refuses to debate Bernie Sanders on these important issues. Dave, we are going through a national crisis, and we deserve leaders who are willing to engage.

Hiding out in Delaware isn’t going to cut it, Joe. Lives are on the line, and the American people deserve a debate.

Add your name here to demand that Joe Biden stop hiding and agree to debate Bernie Sanders in April!

TELL BIDEN TO DEBATE
Now more than ever, it’s clear that health care should not be tied to employment status. Our Revolution is fighting across the country for Medicare for All because it’s the only realistic solution.

This isn’t an abstract concern — the latest federal relief package does not make coronavirus treatment free. A teen in California recently died from COVID-19 after being denied care due to a lack of health insurance.

If Biden insists on clinging to his corporate-backed health care policy that enriches the health insurance industry at the expense of American lives, he owes the whole country an explanation.

Sign here if you agree that Joe Biden must debate Bernie Sanders on national television next month.

We’re all in this together,

The whole team at Our Revolution

21 Likes

Trump was impeached by the House, but unfortunately, Amerikan, Mafiaocracy has proved Trump is now above the law.

10 Likes

Presumably, this will be taken quickly to the Federal Courts - your question will be answered when we see how this plays our there.

2 Likes

I searched for the exact words of that “shocked, shocked” chestnut, and was astonished to encounter the biting relevance of so many classics from our Shakespearean classic. I gotta check out Casablanca again…

• Here’s looking at you, kid.
  • Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time.
  • It’s still the same old story / A fight for love and glory…
  • Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.
  • If we stop breathing, we’ll die. If we stop fighting our enemies, the world will die.
  • Round up the usual suspects.
  • "What in heaven’s name brought you to Casablanca?”
    “My health, I came to Casablanca for the waters.”
    “The waters? What waters? We’re in the desert.”
    “I was misinformed.”
  • “What is your nationality?”
    “I’m a drunkard.”
  • “Are you sure this place is honest?”
    “Honest as the day is long!“
  • “I’m shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on here!”
    “Your winnings, sir.”
    “Oh, thank you very much!”
  • “Remember, this gun is pointed right at your heart.”
    “That’s my least vulnerable spot.”
  • Welcome back to the fight. This time I know our side will win.
  • I like to think you killed a man. It’s the Romantic in me.
  • I’d bet they’re asleep in New York. I’d bet they’re asleep all over America.
  • What if you killed all of us? From every corner of Europe, hundreds, thousands would rise up to take our places. Even Nazis can’t kill that fast.
  • Go ahead and shoot. You’ll be doing me a favor.
  • I’m the only cause I’m interested in.
12 Likes

We need Bernie more than ever.

19 Likes

Hi Phred,

Could you put a link. I’m only finding one from Change dot org.
Thanks

3 Likes

A big “I told you so” to all the backers of the Dem’s Party establishment on social media who lashed out at me as a ‘Russian Troll’ , ‘Putin’s bitch’, a ‘useful idiot for Trump’, etc., when I suggested that the Pelosi, Schumer, and the Dems in general need to take a firmer stand.

13 Likes

CD DID cover it. Just search and you will find it.

1 Like

Sorry, cant.
They way they set up the links in their emails…when you click the button “Sign the Petition” it adds all of my personal info embeded in the link. Don’ know how to remove it and still have the link work