Home | About | Donate

'Unacceptable, Un-American, and Unconstitutional': Six Mayors Demand Congress Block Federal Agents From US Cities

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/28/unacceptable-un-american-and-unconstitutional-six-mayors-demand-congress-block

5 Likes

It’s getting more and more personal folks. No more sidelines politics.
Time to raise the pitchforks to let the administration know where we stand.

6 Likes

What’s that smell? Could it be the stench of Erik Prince wafting from coast to coast?

5 Likes

“These federal forces are not trained in modern policing in a city context, such as de-escalation, have a completely different training and mindset regarding use of force, and have no cultural literacy regarding the communities they are engaging.”

Sounds just like our trillion dollar a year military.

6 Likes

I cannot believe the mayors and governors of the threatened cities refuse to confront the Fascists with their own National Guard?

It’s almost like they want Trump and his minion military to wreak havoc on the protestors.

6 Likes

I almost wish he’d send those Hate Fueled Fascists Footsoldiers to a town close to me.

Unfortunately, I live out in the country with a bunch of Milk Cattle and Vegetable/Fruit Farms.

There’s no big city protests going on out here.

4 Likes

I think many city governments are up in the air about who to support.
And I heard somewhere yesterday that trumpenstein was considering getting the National Guard up and ready to support his fascist activities.

Careful of what we wish for PB. Trump might come rolling into a town with more firepower than we would like to see. Or he could enhance his goon squad to include unmarked contractors.
The imagination can conjure up others, like Russians, MAGA’s, and orcs.

1 Like

The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them… Lenin

Give 'em enough rope, and they’ll hang themselves.

This cabal will not go away easy
We must be tenacious

4 Likes

I’m sure they vilified the Protestors at Edmund Pettus Bridge

Now we have the insight to have them Lie in State in the Capital Rotunda

A Lifetime of Struggle

1 Like

I think this letter is BS to placate the masses. I linked in another story here at CD today, a Jimmy Dore vid showing a tweet from Lightfoot that welcomed the federal goons in Chicago. All of the signed mayors might not be in on the BS, but Lightfoot and Wheeler sure are. Just look at the photo in the story of Portland PD interacting with the goons, does that look like Wheeler wants the goons gone? If that were true, he would have ordered PPD to stay away from them, and not help them.

3 Likes

Watch out, those Amish are a dangerous bunch. :)))

3 Likes

Couple of things. First, a Chicago PD Chief of sorts shot himself in the head at Holman Square at Chicago yesterday. Bang. The Intercept reported years ago Holman Square was also a CIA black site in an article proving national black sites.
Where the hell did Rudy go? Rudy is the president’s lawyer. Where is he hiding? Rudy knows wayyyyy toooo much for lots of folks. Run Rudy! We have not seen hide nor hair of our former New York mayor.
Feds push and Americans push back. It is written in sand. Don’t push Americans. There’s a lot of veterans in those ranks, including plain clothed cops, lots of cops. Progressives will march on the White House. MLK threatened to march a million poor to the White House when running for president. His buds delivered him to a balcony. Trump is insane. Navy Bannon thinks he has a “war room” while he lounges in his Navy field jacket. The Fox Boys are being sued for rape and pillage. Flying monkeys run amuck. Oh boy! Have a nice day!

2 Likes

It’s a start at any rate… Will see if the mayors actually follow through in their own cities.

NICE TRY TO BLAME OTHERS - LOOK AT MILITARY IN FERGUSON (under Obama-Biden)!

1 Like