Home | About | Donate

'Unconscionable' and 'Appalling': In Affront to Those Fleeing US-Backed Wars and Persecution, Trump Slams Door on Refugees

'Unconscionable' and 'Appalling': In Affront to Those Fleeing US-Backed Wars and Persecution, Trump Slams Door on Refugees

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Launching yet another bigotry-driven attack on those fleeing wars and humanitarian crises in which the U.S. is playing an active and deadly role, the Trump administration announced late Monday that it is reducing America's refugee admission limit for 2019 to a record-low 30,000.

3 Likes

This is an indication that the government are intent on keeping the prison industrial complex on its current trajectory for the foreseeable future.
The only reason the us government ever let refugees in to begin with was to exploit their labor and collect their taxes.
With private prisons offering an abundance of labor at slave rates, the need for immigrants as disposable labor have ended.
With no jobs to spare outside of prison, they also wont have any taxes to collect.

1 Like

I’m a pacifist, but my guilty pleasure is imagining Miller getting a good beating.

2 Likes

Hello Jake Johnson and Everyone, To those supporting this mal-addicted, mal-mis-administration I congratulate you for your continuous support of EVIL!!! The fact that you haven’t seen this in almost twenty months says a great deal about you plus all of the others that believe that these things are not evil you also need to wake up and smell the sulfur! The US is going down on a permanent basis. Will it survive? Who knows? Why would anyone care?

Hello Tarsus, In the recent past the way to be successful in getting into the country was and still is bring the “BIG BUCKS”! Buy your way into the country and afterward when you expire BUY YOUR WAY INTO HEAVEN!!! After all “MONEY TALKS AND BULLSHIT WALKS”!!!

Some of those refugees are created by war, some by climate change. We contribute to both of these causes.

1 Like

Refugees from western Europe? This country would welcome them with open arms. Refugees from third world countries? Well, after all, these are less than exceptional people like us. Why, some of them are barely human, let alone civilized, right? By and large, they are expendable.

Racism is alive and well in this country and deeply embedded in this country’s policy. Nothing new. Been this way since the beginning.

This depravity and moral outrage is the work of the odious scum Stephen Miller, a pathetic POS - who does deserve an ass-whomping of mega proportions - he fits right in with the trump regime of killers, liars, thieves, racists, vulture “free market” capitalist predators, and environmental polluters…Miller has the facial expression of depraved indifference seen in nazi regime leaders (and others)…Goebbels, e.g…

There has arguably never been such a gathering of ugliness and malignant filth in American history!

The more unconscionable, the more his racist, xenophobic fans love him.

1 Like

The rise of ultranationalism in the US still seems surprising. I thought it was basically agreed on what America is about but obviously that was a wrong assumption. It turns out that America is no better than some of the worst we have seen in Europe. Discovery of the New World apparently didn’t change anything after all. Even the US a despot can obtain a large following and an undo over 240 years of attempting to do things a better way.The worse of human nature seems to win out no matter now many laws are passed.

Tsk, tsk, we are well beyond accepting any moral obligation for ANYTHING since Trump.
“Once you have heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey.” If you get my drift. G

You didn’t mention that if Trump’s cohorts hadn’t decided to cooperate in the Mueller investigation, most of his administration would be going to jail. But that seems to be observed as business as usual in America today. G

1 Like

And sadly dies the republic ----- as the Bank of America demands citizens prove they are citizens, or B of A freezes the citizens’ money. Banks are certainly getting even bolder. Have they run out of money already and have to steal the accounts directly from the people?

I’m a pacifist as well, however, I would gladly volunteer to carry out that guilty pleasure treatment.

Perhaps, it would do some good.

Might open his eyes.

Once the swelling went down.

1 Like