Home | About | Donate

'Undeniable Victory': Cheers Follow Proposals to Divest Massive New York Pensions From Fossil Fuels

'Undeniable Victory': Cheers Follow Proposals to Divest Massive New York Pensions From Fossil Fuels

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

"Coming from the capital of world finance, this will resonate loud and clear all over the planet," says Bill McKibben

Up your noses with rubber hoses, Cock Brothers.

I mean, Koch Brothers.

Imagine moving this to Renewables

Did someone say electric power at a fraction of the price. The Sun is Free

I mean we travel a road system free daily with charges spread out through a tax base

Why not power

Yes, why not? Indeed.

Liked the rubber hose idea though…

“The Sun is Free” I really despise people who make comments like this, because it illustrates a complete misunderstanding of what solar power is. Photovoltaic solar power is not collecting energy from the sun. That’s not how solar panels work. Solar is the process by which high energy particles like photons from visible electromagnetic radiation break free electrons from crystalline structures in solar panels. You don’t have to pay for the photons, but the photons are not the critical part of this energy source. The critical resource is the material which holds electrons. You are not converting electricity from the sun, you are converting electricity from the panels. Electrons are the particles necessary for electricity, not photons.

Stop saying the sun is free. Instead focus on the cost of solar panels, and compare that cost to other forms of energy.

Grow Up

Jeez let me take my NABCEP certification again, I musta missed the part on the Cost of Sunlight.

If you do not understand how the panels you are installing work, you have no business being certified.