Home | About | Donate

Undercover Patriots

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/07/09/undercover-patriots

1 Like

Great seed material for sociological assessment, psychiatric evaluation, and of course: terrific revelations for progressive strategizing ( to not even waste the time).

Trump is fast becoming a marginal bully with a bludgeon and nothing more, which is not to say that the bludgeoning cannot cause destruction. And just as his practices - shared with the predatory financialization/privatization/fascist coup over ALL government functions by the dupopoly - all but self-interest having been ‘marginalized’, the snake begins to eat its tail. Like chicks in a hen house with the fox circling, these folks are going to slammed so hard they will form circular mirror firing squads - probably being propagandized on an increasingly tight leash of self-referential rhetoric.

Vets of conscience are able able to cite history, law, personal experience and constitutional rights that counter the lies on which the post Citizens United trash heap com ‘swamp’ is utterly and completely dependent. The same is true of Native Nations and African Americans. These are the nations most valuable teachers. We’ve already got a pretty darn good library to build on and artists in all disciplines and the list goes on.

Funny to think that the government, the trump folk and the financial realms NEVER produce creative people of lasting importance. There are so many levels of consideration and potential - but no, the arena set by the powers must of necessity be narrow, brittle, paranoid, blindly bureaucratic and schizophrenic ( that’s probably redundant) and above all ready to kill.

The military might be the reason that the FED money printing machine is spinning so fast. Gotta buy off the consciences of all those young folk and beat them into submission. Theres an instance for real practices of jujitsu.

3 Likes

Good article. Although, I really believe if in November, the GOP is massively rebuked, whether everyone feels so or not, it will be a huge win for the country.

3 Likes

“I’ve never seen so many representations of the stars and stripes in my life.”
“…going undercover in Trumplandia means entering a universe in which it is exceedingly clear that one political faction holds the flag hostage. They see it as theirs - and only theirs.”

Trumps base are the fascists’ supporters we have been warned about for years in this country, and true to that prediction, they have wrapped themselves in the American flag.

3 Likes

Tell it Danny !

Danny is especially good at analyzing and naming the names of the US Imperial Blob.

I’d like to see more of that.

1 Like

in fact, for all their chatter about the Constitution, oaths betrayed,

Love the undercover patriots because they are to me…THE REAL AMERICAN PATRIOTS!

When you join the military, you take an “OATH TO PROTECT AMERICA FROM ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC”. America now has a domestic enemy and I think it is now way past time they kept that sacred oath.

Yes, Sinclair Lewis warned about way back in the 1930’s in his excellent book: IT CAN’T HAPPEN HERE. " When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and be carrying the cross".

1 Like