Home | About | Donate

'Unhinged, Insensitive, and Lying': Trump Uses Bar Graph to Spread Falsehood About Puerto Rico Hurricane Aid

'Unhinged, Insensitive, and Lying': Trump Uses Bar Graph to Spread Falsehood About Puerto Rico Hurricane Aid

Jake Johnson, staff writer

President Donald Trump spent the opening minutes of a campaign rally in Panama City Beach, Florida on Thursday attacking hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico for not sufficiently appreciating his administration's relief efforts—which critics have decried as grossly inadequate—and attempting to use a bar graph to bolster his repeatedly debunked claim that the island has received a record amount of storm aid.

1 Like

As with a lot of things, arithmetic is not one of Trump’s strong points. Next thing, he’ll claim he can see Puerto Rico from his Key Largo back porch…

3 Likes

The evangelists must like Trump because he has an almost equivalent style to their televangelism troubadours. Same style, different schtick–or should I say shit.

3 Likes

Has anyone suggested to Bolton that he invade Puerto Rico?

5 Likes

If you read reports from other sites the relief effort is, well, uuummm, where is it? Puerto Rico, The Lakota Nation and others hang by a thread. Just like our healthcare system, disaster relief can’t be funded through gofundme donations. All the while claiming our economy is red hot. Red hot for whom?

6 Likes

Trump has been labeled a moron by commenters here over and over.

But I’ll point out that he’s smart enough to openly campaign in his politically incorrect “outsider” persona on a non-stop basis. Puerto Rico couldn’t be an easier target: No Electoral College votes, Spanish language, weak, vulnerable. Trump’s base loves bullying. Trump rewrote the rules to dismiss propriety – and as far as I can see, it’s working for him. With low approval ratings, he’s cruising to a second term.

4 Likes

Thrump is claiming there is a red hot economy yet 40 per cent of the working age population are not even in the labor force and many of them out of hopelessness have just given up looking for work. I mean the real unemployment situation has only slightly improved from the Barrack Obama era and Thrumps economy(like Obamas one) is mostly creating low paid service jobs.

3 Likes

Welcome Journey79, but please don’t give these idiots any ideas:)))

“And the people bowed and prayed
To the orange god they made …”

(With apologies to Mr. Simon)

5 Likes

The neoliberals already have as in “Shock Doctrine”.

1 Like

And is pretty much just a continuation of job growth already established during the Obama term. Trump needs to take his bragging shoes off and stop lying. But why would he when the Deplorables eat up his lying like children getting free candy.
Must be pushing 11,000 lies about now.

2 Likes

Attacking the Puerto Rican people for their tragedy is like attacking a rape victim for what has befallen them.

Trump must be silenced.

Evil Incarnate deserves destruction.

2 Likes

He’s no g-o-d, he’s more like a d-o-g.

Except, without any redeeming qualities.

He sounds like a very bad parent pointing out to his “children” – Puerto Rico bad, me good, they hate me. After that the 'kids" believe whatever he says.

Trump also used to claim when Obama was in office that many people are no longer in the work force at all and have just given up. Now just claims he fixed it. Imagine a world where you just lie and that means everything is fine. That is Trump’s world

1 Like