Home | About | Donate

'Unprecedented' Heatwave Fueling Arctic Fires Made More Than Twice as Likely by Climate Change: Analysis

'Unprecedented' Heatwave Fueling Arctic Fires Made More Than Twice as Likely by Climate Change: Analysis

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

With wildfires raging the world over, a new preliminary analysis conducted by the World Weather Attribution (WWA) and reported by the Guardian found that the global climate crisis no

A burning Arctic is a Bizzaro Land version of “When Hell freezes over.”

Yes, kind of like when the Cuyahoga River caught fire, and just as much due to capitalist greed and short-sightedness.

Like this is a complete surprise and has not been predicted for decades? Climate warming is a major threat to all and the only possibility of long term survival demands serious, immediate, radical and combined effort. Exactly the opposite of what we are doing.

If you ask me, someone is in a hurry to clear the Arctic Circle of ice. And mining? And development? Shipping? War…Just think of the opportunities that await us!

Unfortunately true. One wonders how serious it will have to get before it is too late!

It’s already too late, I’m afraid.

Perhaps the most amazing thing is the president of the US and most members of his party call it a hoax or not caused by humans. Too strange for science fiction. You will never see such a bizarre reaction by government in a movie.

Luckily, with your party, we can all-of-the-above our way to energy production.

By the way, how did oil drilling perform under Obama…?

We’re in the early stages of accelerating, nonlinear warming and destabilization of climate ecosystems. The crash is coming in our lifetimes (I’m 50 yrs old). Starvation, suicide, and predation is on the horizon for us all.

Thees Here Bible in my Air Conditioned church electrocutes my body with messages from the lord and I know the fury he hurls down at sinners. .

I wait for the second coming and not be left behind.

End of story.

The expected attack on “corporate Democrats.” Never let up, keep the pedal to the metal. Of course the Republicans are so bad on climate change (denial, drill-babyy-drill) that to attack the Democrats on this issue with no details about all the programs to fight climate change that have been launched at the state and local level by democrats is just laughable. Sorry but I cannot take you seriously. Obama was able to achieve the Paris Climate Accord which is still going strong and offers some hope for an effective global response while a president from the other party has formally withdrawn the US from the agreement and this will go fully into effect in 2020. If Obama is a “corporate Democrat” which is a ridiculous characterization of Obama, then let’s hear if for the corporate Democrats. He didn’t quite hit it out of the park but a standup double is pretty good.

Future headline?
MILLIONS DIE AND MILLIONS MORE SICK AND DYING FROM CLIMATE DEVASTATION. CLIMATE SCIENTISTS SAY IT IS TOO LATE TO REVERSE.

And maybe even more amazing is the last president of the US and most members of his party knew it was happening, and still supported Earth destroying capitalism.

Speaking of laughable, you mention the Paris Climate Accord?

The voluntary agreement that India signed on to? The same Indiawho is doubling coal production?

C’mon, Lrx. Put some effort into it. Emissions are going up two years into the accords.

By the way, how did oil drilling perform under Obama…?

In the Gulf of Mexico, it sucked.

Obama reduced offshore drilling permits. But onshore drilling skyrocketed.

I actually believe the Dems are better than Repubs on climate and the environment. But is that a high bar to jump over?

At this point we need a hit out of the park, otherwise it’s a foul.