Home | About | Donate

Unsealed Documents Show Pinochet 'Directly' Involved in Capitol Hill Assassinations

"STRUGGLE for justice" is an understatement. Not surprised by: "However, a draft indictment for the killings prepared under the Clinton administration was ultimately dropped by George W. Bush." Cheney and Pinochet are cut from the same cloth: Devil Spawn with the cruelest intentions. Only difference is that Pinochet was more blatant with his murders/assassinations/massacres due to his being in Chile where that country's history is rife with malevolent dictators starting with the Spaniards and their insatiable lust for gold and silver...iron age met stone age. Cheney masked all his wrongdoings behind the cloak of his puppet, GWB and will never be charged with any crime or do any time.

Everyone in Chile knew about Pinochet and his obvious guilt as that dictator acted with the greatest impunity, arrogance, and hubris much like Somoza did in Nicaragua, Noriega in Panama, Rios Montt in Guatemala, etc. (each and every one received aid/arms and "support" from the US).

Mere confirmation that the USA supported a sociopathic murderous fascist.

Kissinger begat Cheney as far as spawn go.

Kissinger...yet another underworld creature who, like Cheney, manipulated his president (Nixon). Why either of these still appear on TV or are given any air time or press as credible "experts" is beyond me.

Kissinger help orchestrate the Chilean overthrow that installed Pinochet. Nixon was no prize - an old timey cold warrior and cynic. Kissinger may have manipulated but Nixon called the shots. GW Bush wasn't smart enough to call the shots.

We would all be vindicated if the release of these informative documents were to set some kind of real precedent. Eventually, all concealed information finds its way into the light of day. As any historian can tell you, it's a matter of waiting decades to have access to secret archives which contain the usual embarrassing trove of state secrets.
Sadly, releasing these documents (kept under the sacrosanct seal of "national security") until after these human rights criminals are beyond the reach of a justice system does little to redress the victims, shame the criminal, or bring us all to some sort of judicial "closure."
The grim reaper took Pinochet long before the blindfolded lady with the scales could scoop him up, bring him to trial, air his shameful crimes for the world to see, for Pinochet's accusers to openly confront him, and to have him duly sentenced. Heck, by now even Pinochet's estate may be beyond the reach of civil demands for damages, for pain and suffering...
Call me vindictive, but individuals such as Pinochet and the rest of us all deserve our day in court, either as accused or accusers. It's more than his victims ever got. Yep, justice delayed is still justice denied...
Be well.

Victor Jara’s Last Poem:

This is the last poem of Víctor Lidio Jara Martínez, who was born on September 28, 1932 and murdered on September 16, 1973. Jara, a teacher, theatre director, poet, singer, songwriter and political activist was arrested after Pinochet’s US-Backed coup, in Chile. He was tortured, both his hands and ribs broken and shot 44 times. His body was dumped in the streets of Santiago. This is Jara’s last poem, written in a concentration camp, memorized, and smuggled out by other political prisoners:

"What horror the face of fascism creates!
They carry out their plans with knife-like precision".

There are five thousand of us here
in this small part of the city.
We are five thousand.
I wonder how many we are in all
in the cities and in the whole country?
Here alone
are ten thousand hands which plant seeds
and make the factories run.
How much humanity
exposed to hunger, cold, panic, pain,
moral pressure, terror and insanity?
Six of us were lost
as if into starry space.
One dead, another beaten as I could never have believed
a human being could be beaten.
The other four wanted to end their terror
one jumping into nothingness,
another beating his head against a wall,
but all with the fixed stare of death.
What horror the face of fascism creates!
They carry out their plans with knife-like precision.
Nothing matters to them.
To them, blood equals medals,
slaughter is an act of heroism.
Oh God, is this the world that you created,
for this your seven days of wonder and work?
Within these four walls only a number exists
which does not progress,
which slowly will wish more and more for death.
But suddenly my conscience awakes
and I see that this tide has no heartbeat,
only the pulse of machines
and the military showing their midwives’ faces
full of sweetness.
Let Mexico, Cuba and the world
cry out against this atrocity!
We are ten thousand hands
which can produce nothing.
How many of us in the whole country?
The blood of our President, our compañero,
will strike with more strength than bombs and machine guns!
So will our fist strike again!

How hard it is to sing
when I must sing of horror.
Horror which I am living,
horror which I am dying.
To see myself among so much
and so many moments of infinity
in which silence and screams
are the end of my song.
What I see, I have never seen
What I have felt and what I feel
Will give birth to the moment …

Victor Jara-
September 1973

Perhaps a very good reason to be careful who you vote for in the general election? btw if Bernie can get on the November ballot he would have my vote or in the primary instead of Hillary, but still waiting for Joe to make a decision.
Since we all have that choice you need not explain to me who I should vote for as so many do. :smile:

Lets not let Milton Friedman and the "Chicago Boys" off the hook- That sick bastard left A trail of tears of his own....Economic Fascist Yankee Imperialism at it's very worst-

Totally agree. Demented little Miltie credited his "Chicago Boys" as showing "outstanding leadership" in Chile.

And they are now stoking it all up again in Honduras {Thank Hillary}, Paraguay, and Columbia- I personally believe Cuba would do well to keep the USA at arms length...
What A bitch when you have to advise others not to trust your own Country's Government...

Not to even mention the misery his inspired "Reaganomics" have cost U.S. as A people- Friedman is another poster boy for birth control...

The Chicago school of neoliberals pushed charter school model on Chile, New Orleans and Honduras, after overthrowing democracy there. A Chicago charter school privatizer is the current education department head in the US government.

Test. Study for the tests that measure the teacher and the school. Private corporations testing for big bucks. Cut the lunches. Cut the recesses. Cut art. Test. Transfer public assets to corporations. Test for bucks inc. That's the Chicago school Pinochet school plan and Chile still is attempting to recover from it.

There's an article by Mark Ames on Alternet earlier this year really captures the full story behind Friedman's phony junk science economic "theories." It's called "The True History of Libertarianism in America: A Phony Ideology to Promote a Corporate Agenda." It's worthwhile reading. It notes how Friedman and the rest of the Chicago school "intellectuals" were little more than shills for a right wing and getting some serious money for it. Probably explains where the black limousine with the African American chauffeur came from that Miltie used to ride around in.

This is the legacy that awaits serial killers like Kissinger and the Bush/Cheney neocon gang. The oligarchy will let them live out their lives first to reward their services.

Victor Jara - Presenté!

Thank you for this- I have read many an article that touches on the destruction left in the wake of this conniving weasel out of Rockefellers University of Chicago, but none that fully captured the beast- Naomi Klein has exposed much with her "Disaster Capitalism" book-
More people need to be made aware of Friedman's wickedly false economic philosophy and how the right nurtured and spread it about like an epidemic, false ideas that our society and others are plagued with still today- I will read this and pass it on....

Mark Ames- "The True History of Libertarianism in America: A Phony Ideology to Promote a Corporate Agenda"
Before bringing back Milton Friedman into the picture, this needs to be repeated again: “Libertarianism” was a project of the corporate lobby world, launched as a big business “ideology” in 1946 by The US Chamber of Commerce and the National Association of Manufacturers. The FEE’s board included the future founder of the John Birch Society, Robert Welch; the most powerful figure in the Mormon church at that time, J Reuben Clark, a frothing racist and anti-Semite after whom BYU named its law school; and United Fruit president Herb Cornuelle.
To understand the sort of person Herbert Nelson was, here is a letter he wrote in 1949 that Congressional investigators discovered and recorded:
"I do not believe in democracy. I think it stinks. I don’t think anybody except direct taxpayers should be allowed to vote. I don’t believe women should be allowed to vote at all. Ever since they started, our public affairs have been in a worse mess than ever."
http://www.alternet.org/visions/true-history-libertarianism-america-phony-ideology-promote-corporate-agenda

Thanks Yunzer- My God, what A Voice, what A Guitar, what A Poet, what A Man-

Kissenger not only gets "air time", he has advised every president since Nixon..