Home | About | Donate

Unsealed Documents Show Pinochet 'Directly' Involved in Capitol Hill Assassinations

For the straight poop on this please see Robert Parry’s consortium news.com.
His (as always) incredibly informative analysis suggests implications far beyond
the reported “facts”

And our Schools are being shoved in that very same direction on the State level- Privatized Charter Schools taking Public tax money from Public Education and destroying long established and well deserved Teachers Unions and Public Schools- No more critical thinking allowed- The Arts and Humanities are of A bygone era…
Have to remember Koch money is behind much of this and the Koch’s are big with Tea Party Libertarianism and their “Daddy” Fred was A founder of the John Birch Society…
The thought of “A Chicago charter school privatizer is the current education department head in the US government” is just so nowhere that I can’t even begin to express my disgust…

2 Likes

Governor Baker of Massachusetts is proposing a new law to create twenty new charter schools per year in Massachusetts. This is happening when everybody but privatizers with nowhere else to invest are asking for evidence that charter schools actually can be depended on to outperform public schools.

1 Like

That would only happen when Charter Schools prioritize the full development of their students intellect and human capacity to make this A better world for all- In other words it is NOT in the character or bottom line of the agenda of these brain dead Charter School intentions-
I hope Governor Baker falls flat on his face with his irresponsible quest!
And just who is going to qualify and judge this"evidence that charter schools actually can be depended on to outperform public schools"?.

1 Like

and neoliberals continue to hold his time up as an example of the wonderful things that privatization brings. even pbs had a mini-series where Ferguson and Friedman were like, o well, some people got tortured and died, but look how great the economy did. which, we know, it didn’t really and although it has made some comebacks, people have suffered ever since.

1 Like

And even PBS has mini-series still admiring this whole episode in Chili, among other Friedman wonders.

1 Like

why Joe? He’d let another Chile happen in a NY minute if the corporations wanted it. oh wait, he already did, sort of, in the Ukraine.

1 Like

Still waiting to see if Joe is going to run. Not a one issue voter perhaps with the exception of the candidate must be pro-choice. If the candidate doesn’t win the most electoral college votes, all a factor based in the states rather than the general election, since in reality we are not a “democracy,” IMHO Biden has the best chance of the Democrats running to win. Unlike Hillary, he will be popular with all of the various groups that make up the electorate. In addition overall his political history is more acceptable than any of the others. Very pragmatically, one of the major parties nominees will win. No matter how I would like to see Bernie win the nomination I don’t believe he can carry enough states/electoral college votes to win. Feminist I am, how
I would like to see a woman sitting in the oval office, but that woman isn’t
Hillary. In the end if any of the pitiful GOP candidates should win, with
both Houses of Congress also held by the GOP, IMHO the devastation they
have already created will leave this nation in the position of no possible
recovery on any level. The fascist state all too many suggest.

My choice. You have yours.

1 Like

yes, my choice. sorry if i came off as snotty. i’m sure Bernie could beat any Republican they put up and I’m, of course, hoping to convince everyone that i can to vote for him in the primary.

Tweedle Dum for Pinochet was Kissinger and he’s still around.
Wonder how many war crime docs are still classified for his benefit.

2 Likes

Yeah and who is Cheney’s mini me
I am sick and tired of that clone Hayden, talk about dark side